Is there any UK builder who does 50s Les Paul replicas?

What's Hot
brooombrooom Frets: 1175
I'm unsure if this can be asked here, if not let me know and I'll edit the content.

All the best
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7036
    tFB Trader
    <popcorn gif>
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24809
    <popcorn gif>
    Ok - I’ll bite - Terry Morgan
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    edited March 2018
    <popcorn gif>
    Ah, we were all waiting to see who'd be first D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3171
    tFB Trader
    I had a burst made by Anthony Ryder - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/107765/ngd-burst/p1

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Anthony Ryder at Ryder Guitars will do you one, message Chris at Rift Amps, he has one to see what he thinks ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Jimbro66 said:
    Ah, we were all waiting to see who'd be first D
    There are some things in life you can always rely on :)
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    Sorry guys, but just to make things clear. There's nothing to bite here, I'm genuinely asking this because I was going to buy one from musikraft but they removed their set neck guitars from sale, temporarily.

I'm not trying to trick anyone into opening a can of worms, just asking for recommendations on an UK luthier who will build this type of guitar if commissioned to do so.

If this thread is not allowed for some reason, I'll be more than happy to have it edited or removed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    RiftAmps said:
    Thanks

sweepy said:
    Anthony Ryder at Ryder Guitars will do you one, message Chris at Rift Amps, he has one to see what he thinks ;)
    cheers
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    brooom said:
    Sorry guys, but just to make things clear. There's nothing to bite here, I'm genuinely asking this because I was going to buy one from musikraft but they removed their set neck guitars from sale, temporarily.

I'm not trying to trick anyone into opening a can of worms, just asking for recommendations on an UK luthier who will build this type of guitar if commissioned to do so.

If this thread is not allowed for some reason, I'll be more than happy to have it edited or removed.
    Nothing wrong at all, Terry M is controversial simply because he makes replicas using the actual Gibson logo. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28363
    brooom said:

The thread is fine, but it may depend on what you mean by "replica".

"In the style of" is fine; "could be mistaken for genuine" is legally problematic.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    edited March 2018
    brooom said:
    Apologies @brooom - my post wasn’t meant offensively - Terry Morgan is a (rather hackneyed) long-standing forum joke. It was inevitable someone say it sooner or later - and even more inevitable it would probably be me. 

As as long as your not selling something in the Classifieds which infringes Gibson’s copyright, I don’t think you’re breaking any rules.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16706
    Rabs said:
    I don’t consider mine replicas.  More “In the style of...”.

brooom said:

Nothing wrong at all, Terry M is controversial simply because he makes replicas using the actual Gibson logo. 

Did not know that, definitely not what I'm looking for I don't mind having the builder's logo there. In fact I'd rather have it that way. Thanks
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2472
    https://i.imgur.com/C7LCkkP.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/10unyJ6.jpg
    My Stig Burst from Guitar Avenue, love it to bits!
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @WezV  - just saw the threads, great looking build. The goldtop looks really good.
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    @WezV 's "in the style of" look, play and sound great.
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    richardhomer said:

The Irish fella that used to be on the tele and radio 2?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1369
    Most should be able to make one for you, provided you're not wanting Gibson on the Headstock.

I made my own homage to a '50's style Lester under guidance of Mark Bailey on one of his Build Your Own  Guitar Courses. I did make some modest cosmetic changes to it including my own Headstock Inlay. It turned out really well.
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113