Used car extended warranty - yes or no?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• goldtop said:
    I spend a significant portion of my life in my car. If it was a 20 year old shit heap and I had to spend as much time in it as I do, I’d be depressed.
    Not all 20yo cars are shit heaps. Mine's an incredibly over-engineered barge - 18yo LS400. 130,000m, and it's still effortless and easy driving down to the South of France and Italy.
    my point exactly. Ive had less problems with my cars than  friends who have bought nearly new, or new cars. In cases where they have claimed via warranties, they have always had to really fight for it. It seesm the dealers try and put every obstacle before referring to manufacturers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Start stop hasn't been working. Turns out it needs a new battery (it's only 15 plate so not sure why that is..). Also going to get them to check out one flaky parking sensor. All under warranty. 
    No bad back arriv I've had the car, so that aspect has worked out.
    You'd think they'd have checked that prior to sale.. :s
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4918
    You'd think they'd have checked that prior to sale.. :s
    Why would they pay somebody to check it out, when you'll do it for them for free?   ;)

• m_cm_c Frets: 1240
    Turns out it needs a new battery (it's only 15 plate so not sure why that is..).
    It'll most likely of either been drained completely at some point, or the cars been used for lots of short journey's so the battery has never had a decent long charge. Either of which will damage the battery.
    Without stop start, it would probably last another couple years before giving any noticeably problems, but with stop start, the battery health is monitored, and if drops below an acceptable level, stop start gets disabled.
    Thanks for the info! 
    I'm glad I got it seen to.. and that I got the warranty for peace of mind
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Start stop hasn't been working. Turns out it needs a new battery (it's only 15 plate so not sure why that is..). Also going to get them to check out one flaky parking sensor. All under warranty. 
    No bad back arriv I've had the car, so that aspect has worked out.
    That's your warranty paying for itself already then.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom