Quick Question re Trade Valuation

What's Hot
deloreandelorean Frets: 224
So before I potentially make an idiot out of myself in the classifieds and ask for something completely unreasonable, I thought I'd ask for an opinion or two over here!

I have a 2010 Les Paul Standard fitted with Suhr Aldrich pickups in reasonable/good condition (one ding on the front, and some tiny 'mojo marks' and slight buckle rash on the bottom.  Looking on Fleabay, prices seem to vary massively, so it's hard to get an semi-accurate idea.

I was hoping to *try* and trade for a PRS Custom 22 or 24 - but am I wishing for the impossible?  Would you suggest I offer some cash from my side as well?

Cheers!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited March 2018
    What top does your Standard have? What finish are you looking for from the PRS?
  • deloreandelorean Frets: 224
    Thanks for the quick reply Jack!

This is her - (this pic was taken pre-ding)  https://imgur.com/a/1ehdI
    The finish is amber burst (if memory serves)

I'm not too fussy about the finish on the PRS, although I am partial to an orange/red burst :)
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited March 2018
    That looks like a very nice top, which makes it more desirable.

Assuming a value of about £1200 for your LP, you might get a straight swap for a CU in a more conservative/vintage colour, but expect a more modern/flashy finish to require a small amount of money going their way.

Worth noting that it might be easier to sell your LP and buy a CU with cash, so you've got a bigger market.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • deloreandelorean Frets: 224
    Thanks Jack - that's great, I really appreciate the feedback! :)