Finally: A Les Paul with Jumbo Frets

What's Hot

Comments

• Cheaper just to get a refret. It does look lovely though 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexHunterAlexHunter Frets: 422
    Or just buy a Feline with big frets and a not half bad neck joint.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1817
    Vivian Campbell could be the perfect metaphor for Gibson - has lost its way over recent times and not a patch on what they did in their heyday. 

Nice looking guitar though. I'd consider one if it would make me play as well as VC 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Vivian Campbell could be the perfect metaphor for Gibson - has lost its way over recent times and not a patch on what they did in their heyday. 

Nice looking guitar though. I'd consider one if it would make me play as well as VC 
    You’ve not heard Last In Line or the new Riverdogs album?

Def Leppard is his dayjob. But the stuff he’s put out recently is top notch. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I'm sure Vivian is a nice lady but i'm not a fan of those uncovered pickups. Big frets on a LP are fantastic though.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

@rico We're all adults here, you know, it's OK to talk about the feet:

https://pointyguitar.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/kramer_campbell_gftpm_04_89.jpg

@bingefeller

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Or just buy a Feline with big frets and a not half bad neck joint.

amen, and end up with a UK hand-made to personal spec guitar and a couple of grand change!

wow 6 grand USD for the Gibson. good lord.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11595
    edited March 2018 tFB Trader
    It's a nice looking guitar, but it's not the first time Gibson have put Dunlop 6100 on a Les Paul

...but just saying this with it's Dunlop 6000 (yes even bigger) is somewhat of a joy

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RebarRebar Frets: 134
    Good God. That Feline is sublime!
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    DLM said:

@rico We're all adults here, you know, it's OK to talk about the feet:

https://pointyguitar.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/kramer_campbell_gftpm_04_89.jpg

@bingefeller

I like his white outfit.  

The Vivian Campbell LP looks amazing, so does the Feline.  It's a shame they don't make more LPs with jumbo frets, mine only has medium on it.  

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    My main LP has had a refret to jumbo frets and I recently got a SG and I really don't like the standard frets - might be due a trip to @FelineGuitars for a refret!
    jeztone2 said:

You’ve not heard Last In Line or the new Riverdogs album?

Def Leppard is his dayjob. But the stuff he’s put out recently is top notch. 
    I thought Last In Line was just playing all the old Dio stuff, which I'm sure he can still kick ass with. Will give Riverdogs a listen. 

He was one of the reasons I wanted to learn guitar. Thankfully I didn't start learning until Nirvana came around or I probably would have given up by realising how difficult most of his Dio stuff is
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22929
    edited March 2018

".....a rubbed-patina black-and-grey color scheme inspired by the coastal rock formations of Vivian's hometown in Northern Ireland."

Gibson.... just go and stand in the corner until you realise how stupid you are.

And big frets are great, but why not go the whole hog and make them stainless?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:

".....a rubbed-patina black-and-grey color scheme inspired by the coastal rock formations of Vivian's hometown in Northern Ireland."

Gibson.... just go and stand in the corner until you realise how stupid you are.

In their defence they could have referenced  the colour scheme being the original colour of the kerb stone before the red, white and blue paint was applied...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Looks nice, but I’d rather spend £5k less and have an Esp ltd singlecut. Im a fan of extra jumbo frets though I guess. 

Is it weird they’ve used richlite for the fretboard though? Guess its to emulate rosewood as per the artists tastes, but for £6k I think I’d want something nicer. At least ebony.. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    skunkwerx said:
    Looks nice, but I’d rather spend £5k less and have an Esp ltd singlecut. Im a fan of extra jumbo frets though I guess. 

Is it weird they’ve used richlite for the fretboard though? Guess its to emulate rosewood as per the artists tastes, but for £6k I think I’d want something nicer. At least ebony.. 
    It is weird. It’s not even like Gibson can’t get ebony anymore, they are almost flatly refusing to out of some kind of misguided “principle.”
  • AlvinAlvin Frets: 416
    It has a good choice of finish options ....$1000.00   to have it signed ?   If it is meant to be a shredder type of guitar (if that actually means anything)  you would have thought it would have the  contoured heel  .