My band 'Dad's Army' - live! Well, sort of...

What's Hot
VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4725
edited March 2018 in Guitar
A few weeks back we turned up at our rehearsal studio's in Barnet, North London run by our very good friend Rick Mantevani.  We were playing around with the idea of just recording ourselves live to see how we sounded and that it might help promote us to get more gigs, because the only clips we had of ourselves were captured on mobile phones at gigs - but we were struggling to get round to it.  One evening we turn up for band practice (we're all a bit cream-crackered after a hard day's work) and Rick has miked everything up to record us. So we're scratching our heads of what to play, because we were caught on the hop and hadn't really planned this.  We picked some numbers, did two takes of each, and hoped one of them was at least half decent.

So, here are the songs we did, warts and all - mistakes, mis-beats, forgotten riffs etc

The mix is pretty basic, mixed volume levels, stuff not set in the mix right etc etc - so it really is pretty much a one-take live session.  But hey, we're only an amateur covers band so please make allowances for us - but even with all that I didn't think we come out too shabby and will get at least a few feet tapping somewhere. 

See what you think guys:

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4725
    edited March 2018
    Bugger - I may have put this in the wrong place - if so, many apologies and please feel free to move it. 
    Or just tell me the right place & I'll try to move it. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14463
    Oh, by the way, which one's Pike?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    "Put that light out Napoleon!"
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    I enjoyed the songs. Out of interest what gear where you using.
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    Sounds like a good band enjoyed it

• DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    "You're all doomed" 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2018

Thanks @Jez6345789 ;;   now there's a forum handle name that just rolls off the tongue!  =) :)  
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Voxman said:

Thanks @Jez6345789 ;;   now there's a forum handle name that just rolls off the tongue!  =) :)  
    Great song though...

https://youtu.be/N2pYV7LtKT4
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2018
    simonk said:
    Voxman said:

Thanks @Jez6345789 ;;;   now there's a forum handle name that just rolls off the tongue!   
    Great song though...

https://youtu.be/N2pYV7LtKT4
    Aahh...thats where it came from. I didn't twig, thanks for clarifying @simonk ;
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I really liked that, nice little dose of classic rock, well done.
    proggy said:
    I really liked that, nice little dose of classic rock, well done.
    Thanks Proggy!
    markj said:
    I enjoyed the songs. Out of interest what gear where you using.
    Hi @markj - glad you enjoyed the songs.  

Re gear, I used my 2002 PRS Cu24, and Vox Tonelab SE played through the clean channel of a Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 (Solid-state) head, with a Hughes & Kettner 4x12 (not sure what speakers this has).  Miked up to record.

We're in the studio as I type, doing backing vocals. We'll, the guys are doing backing vocals. I'm doing the important stuff...drinking beer and eating Sainsbury roasted chicken and thyme crisps!!  =) :)