Samick Epi lp vs mim Strat.

What's Hot
robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3493
Ok guys, whats your views, I need to sell a guitar, im drunk, im comparing both, the epi, in my view is pisding all over the strat, am I drunk or is this a thing?
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MattPMattP Frets: 252
    You can’t ignore a pisding. Go with your gut!
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3493
    I cant, I dont understand though, I know they are chalk and cheese, the Epi does gain so well but the strat cant yet the strat does clean so lovely, fuck sake!
  • MattPMattP Frets: 252
    Despite my facetious remark, the truth is, both guitars will do different things and have different strengths as you’ve identified. You just have to choose which one is more preferable, and more useable, for you.

And ignore where the thing is made - Mexico or Korea is irrelevant when considered against the question of which one inspires you more mucisally. Personally, I’d go Epi; I’ve owned a few mim Strats (all 90’ies), and I’ve not liked any of em, but that’s entirely personal.
    Its hard, the strat dors strat noises quite well but you have to work hard with it, clean it works wonderfully,on the gsin channel its just loses the plot, the Epi is effortless on the gain chanel but just wont do clean no matter how much I try, it just sounds dull no matter what, the epi is just so easy to play, the strat fights back, are gibsons that much bettrr than epis?
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9637
    You’re doing this wrong. You’re supposed to *buy* guitars when you’re drunk.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • You’re doing this wrong. You’re supposed to *buy* guitars when you’re drunk.
    Alcohol makes you *sell* guitars now?? I’m never drinking again.

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    Sell the Epiphone and put a humbucker in the Strat.

Or sell the Strat and put pickups with coil spilts in the Epiphone.

Some Epiphone pickups have wiring capable of splitting anyway, if I remember right. Have a look in the control cavity.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited March 2018
    See its a strat I am after that plays like the Epi, I'm thinking a 12 inch radius and vintage frets might be the way forward. I can always get pedals to change how it sounds if I need to, playability I think is more important, or perhaps I should stop being so critical when I am drunk..
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    I'd have a MIM Strat over an Epi anyday.

Some of them have a swimming pool body routing, so you can put in humbuckers relatively easy (with a new scratchplate).

OTOH, why not just keep the two guitars?
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Humbuckers I think can do clean well, just upgrade to a low output neck bucker and you will get creamy clean loveliness.