Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24849
    I’m coming down in favour of ‘not’....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    This item is just as you can see in the pictures, has some scratches with someone trying to hold that bit with some tapes, strings all complete, please study the pictures, on a second thought just to let you know, im not sure if this is a custom shop but it looks exactly the the custom shop telecasters i saw on ebay”

Wtaf? 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9673
    I love the way he suggests it’s a £2000 guitar but wants £250 for it. Even his self-delusion is lacking.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8800
    Try as I might, I cannot spot a serial number anywhere in those hi-res pictures.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2227
    Nice selotape repair job on there 
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8800
    Fishboy7 said:
    Nice selotape repair job on there 
    That’s a pro luthier trick. Boosts harmonic resonance.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Yikes. The closest that’s ever come to seeing a custom shop is if Mad Mike from West Coast Customs repeatedly ran over the input jack in a pimped out Oldsmobile Supreme Cutlass (complete with PlayStation 2s in the headrest) while the other one goes ‘that’s too many gnarly man’ and tapes it back together, shortly followed by Xhibit lifting the shoulder up of the oversized shirt worn by the poor b*****d that actually owns this guitar** clearly the seller has knows nothing about guitars from the description

** mid 00s references.

edit: I couldn’t tell what was cracked lacquer and what was tape... I think it’s all tape. under all that tape it’s probably in okay condition but it looks a mess! Bass side of the bridge pickup looks awfully high though, so I’m out.

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9673
    The original sellotape was cellulose, chemically related to nitrocellulose of course. Modern sellotape is made from polypropylene, which doesn’t let the wood breathe in the same way.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom