PSA: PRS SE Chris Robertson £699 @ GuitarGuitar

What's Hot
I know there was a thread on these a while back about them being a little expensive at £859, but £699 for a new Chris Robertson is a little better! IMO the SEs are great guitars but just a little too expensive, but anyone interested could save £160 here

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/161121304198008--prs-se-chris-robertson-signature-kentucky-blueburst?utm_source=guitarguitar+Main+Newsletter&utm_campaign=bb6fddc965-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_03_17&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_bb8007ee21-bb6fddc965-460046789

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    “Was £995 - now £699 - you save £296”

I wouldn’t have said £800-870 was expensive but £995 sounds too much. 

Seems that they have more than 10 to shift so I’m guessing they’ve been a hard sell.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6879
    I tried one of these at the guitarshow - was very heavy, which put me off.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Cheeky website, I don’t think these were ever £995! I’m assuming that must be the RRP. The email I got from guitarguitar said ‘save £160’! Down from £859

I think they’re a great guitar but I think signatures can sometimes be a hard sell... I still see a few of the exotic wood Tremontis around but not many of the custom 24s... they’re great guitars though! 

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Chris Robertson is an awesome guy. He’s a hell of a singer too. I think he deserves an American made PRS given his allegiance to the brand.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    Did Andertons not have these at £599 a couple weeks ago? 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5428
    Did Andertons not have these at £599 a couple weeks ago? 
    Yes. Shifted them fast. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11453
    mrkb said:
    I tried one of these at the guitarshow - was very heavy, which put me off.
    I tried one in PMT two or three months ago.  Exactly the same - heavy.
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    how did they sound and play ? the spec looks very good value at £600-ish
    57/08s are very good and that’s arguably where the value is in it. The neck pickup is just another Korean P90 - Chris himself says he really likes it and genuinely uses it, so power to him but I might wanna swap that out. 
    darcym said:
    how did they sound and play ? the spec looks very good value at £600-ish
    I put it down again after about 5 seconds.  Too heavy for me.  I don't know if they are all as heavy as that one.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    On paper the spec looks good for that cash. 
  • That's the only PRS I've seen that I'm tempted by.
    excet a Vela... I'd quite like a Vela. 
  • I seem to recall that the 2018 models will no longer have the 57/08 pickups, which is a shame
    I seem to recall that the 2018 models will no longer have the 57/08 pickups, which is a shame
    Won’t be available in blue either. 
  • 1se7en1se7en Frets: 3
    I bought one of these, Yes it is heavy and at first I thought it was too heavy but after playing it for a month I dont really notice it once I start playing. 

I dont have the world of experience with different brands but I love the feel of the fretboard and it just feels right to me, size, speed, spacing etc. When I switch back to my Ibanez or Fender I just don't feel as good playing them. Another thing I really like about this guitar is the bridge, it uses a slightly different bridge than my previous PRS, For me palm muting is really easy, I Find the right spot naturally on it and I find I can really nail pinch harmonics perfectly every single time, also natural (are they called that?) harmonics seem really really easy to do. I suggest playing one and see if it fits you. 
    1se7en said:
    I bought one of these, Yes it is heavy and at first I thought it was too heavy but after playing it for a month I dont really notice it once I start playing. 

I dont have the world of experience with different brands but I love the feel of the fretboard and it just feels right to me, size, speed, spacing etc. When I switch back to my Ibanez or Fender I just don't feel as good playing them. Another thing I really like about this guitar is the bridge, it uses a slightly different bridge than my previous PRS, For me palm muting is really easy, I Find the right spot naturally on it and I find I can really nail pinch harmonics perfectly every single time, also natural (are they called that?) harmonics seem really really easy to do. I suggest playing one and see if it fits you. 
    I do like the PRS wrapover bridges.