SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Fender Japan Jazzmaster IGNORE/DELETE

What's Hot
floeighty2floeighty2 Frets: 159
edited March 2018 in Guitars £
Hello all, 

Looking to get a nice Jazzmaster if there are any out there. I regret selling my old Fender Japan one so I’m on the search for a new one.  Located in Manchester and I’m happy to drive a little bit to meet or if you’re happy to post that would be fine too!

Sunburst preferred, however will consider every colour bar red. 

No relics, heavily modified or through to wood style chips and damage please. 

Thanks in advance. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2233
    edited March 2018

Not Japanese, and it is "roadworn" (obviously), but it sounds magnificent, if you're interested?

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/118404/fs-fender-roadworn-60s-jazzmaster-650#latest

• floeighty2floeighty2 Frets: 159
    I’ll be honest and say I have looked @BintyTwanger77 ; but you said collection only so I ruled it out. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ll be honest and say I have looked @BintyTwanger77 ; but you said collection only so I ruled it out. 

I prefer collection, but I wouldn't rule out a courier.

On that front, this guitar is in the shop getting looked at because there's a strange poppy/scratchy noise when you touch the scratchplate just below the strings which I thought was going to be sorted by yesterday. However, the shop have just rang and said that they have no idea what it is, they've never seen this problem before, and that they're going to send it to Fender. Bit of a drama!
  • floeighty2floeighty2 Frets: 159
    That is a bit of weird one. I hope it gets sorted out for you. 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I’ll be honest and say I have looked @BintyTwanger77 ; but you said collection only so I ruled it out. 

I prefer collection, but I wouldn't rule out a courier.

On that front, this guitar is in the shop getting looked at because there's a strange poppy/scratchy noise when you touch the scratchplate just below the strings which I thought was going to be sorted by yesterday. However, the shop have just rang and said that they have no idea what it is, they've never seen this problem before, and that they're going to send it to Fender. Bit of a drama!
    Check the earth cable thats squashed under the vibrato system
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom