Guitar theft couple - update

What's Hot

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14492
    mellowsun said:
    some kind of sting operation, where they are lured to DSTL Porton Down to try some high-end Russian aerosols.
    FTFY
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited March 2018
    Jack_ said:
    The thing is, they are nearly untouchable no?

Are you going to be able to get international police co-operation to catch a couple of thieves?

Then if you do catch them, what can you do? Is jail time even a possibility for theft? Won't they just get things like community service, fines etc?

Then they probably reside when not committing theft in a country that doesn't give a shit and wouldn't co-operate with our authorities, like Turkey or Czech Republic.
    You'd probably be able to take everything they own under proceeds of crime, and then do them for tax evasion as well. That's how more prolific thieves end up being given serious time. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Let the punishment fit the crime. Lure them into a guitar shop, then close and lock the doors. Every member of staff grabs a tele and does their best Keith Richards impression. Ten minutes later hand over what's left to the police.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11797
    Let the punishment fit the crime. Lure them into a guitar shop, then close and lock the doors. Every member of staff grabs a tele and does their best Keith Richards impression. Ten minutes later hand over what's left to the police.
    Either that or leave them in a room with me playing the guitar...

Better idea, lets let it be generally known that the best places to steal a guitar are Iran and Saudi Arabia.

With their sensible measured criminal justice systems they wont be picking any guitars off stands any time soon ;)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Jack_ said:
    Y'know who this is a job for?

What, Lee Anderton?
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3884
    Surely Lee and Chappers would be a harsher punishment?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7042
    tFB Trader
    Forcing them to watch endless Pat and Doug videos would be contrary to the Geneva Convention I suppose?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15552
    geneva convention only applies in times of armed conflict, so fuck em. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• NeilNeil Frets: 3633
    mellowsun said:
    Need some kind of sting operation where they are lured to a shop selling some high-end instruments

Trouble is, they'd probably walk out with them.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Jack_ said:
     Guitar Theft Couple 
    Coming soon to channel 5 no doubt!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Dominic said:
    and I feel so humbled by having dared to suggest that the woman looked Roma ..........seems to have upset one chap
    Oh ,look it's snowing today
    How can you be humbled by daring to do something? If one suggests that someone "looks" like someone from a particular country or group of people then one is a racist. Is that what you are doing?
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    mellowsun said:
    Need some kind of Sting operation ...
    What, you mean get The Police in? Or force them to listen to a long jazz bass solo with tantric sex overtones? 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    mart said:
    mellowsun said:
    Need some kind of Sting operation ...
    What, you mean get The Police in? Or force them to listen to a long jazz bass solo with tantric sex overtones? 
    Presumably a Sting operation is where he’s in hospital having his pompous self righteous twat removed?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    They're like the Pink Panthers of the guitar world.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24834
    I wouldn’t involve Sting - he’s likely to want set them free (woah-oh)
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Or as Shakespeare would have said were he alive .. "Sting .. where is thy death" ....

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Fretwired said:
    Or as Shakespeare would have said were he alive .. "Sting .. where is thy death" ....
    Shakespearean English no doubt, but AFAIK the original is St Paul (formerly known as Saul of Tarsus) in I Corinthians 15.55-56 (had to look it up but I knew roughly where to look), in the King James Bible. Did Will S. ever use such a phrase?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited March 2018
    Fretwired said:
    Shakespearean English no doubt, but AFAIK the original is St Paul (formerly known as Saul of Tarsus) in I Corinthians 15.55-56 (had to look it up but I knew roughly where to look), in the King James Bible. Did Will S. ever use such a phrase?
    Shakespeare used lots of quotes from the Bible ... he wrote "Death where is thy sting? Love, where is thy glory?"

St Paul pinched the phrase from Hosea ....

But I couldn't find St Paul writing 'Sting, where is thy death' though ... ;-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7207
    Dominic said:
    and I feel so humbled by having dared to suggest that the woman looked Roma ..........seems to have upset one chap
    Oh ,look it's snowing today
    I think we may have chatted in the past Dominic about my Irish and Italian roots. Now I'm not generalising but my mum's side were Romany out of Ireland and the lovely lady in the photos could be my dear old nan's twin. Just saying like
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    @Fretwired ; ylsned ! Yes, the Hosea reference goes "I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes." I bet St Paul  had that in mind when he wrote his line, he often quotes OT prophets. But hey, yes I did get the joke ... :)

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself