Practice amp with headphone output

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    Katana 50, the headphone output is excellent, and it may very well end up as the only amp you need for everything. 
    Don't be put off by the fact it's a 1x12, it's very small and light. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • baldybaldy Frets: 195
    "Don't be put off by the fact it's a 1x12, it's very small and light. "
    Yes although the Katana 50 is a 1 x 12 it is basically the same size as my 1 x 8 equiped Peavey Vyper 15 which it is replacing.
    The KT50 is only 47cm(W) X 24cm(D) X 40cm(H) & weighs 11kgs.
    It also has selectable power levels of 0.5, 25 &50 watt.
    I was seriously considering buying a THR10 (which is a good practice amp) before trying one side by side with a Katana.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3215
    p90fool said:
    Katana 50, the headphone output is excellent, and it may very well end up as the only amp you need for everything. 
    This^ perfect little bedroom practice amp.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    I’ve had some great small amps, THR included and for me, they all fall at the speaker size hurdle. 

There is no substitute for that nice low end warmth when playing a guitar, even at whisper volumes. 

The Katana is always well spoken of and with a 12” should be fabulous. My little box is an Orange Crush 35rt. Not valve but not digital either, so no choices of models. Just a nice simple amp with a clean and dirty channel.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11772
    p90fool said:
    This^ perfect little bedroom practice amp.
    Yeah Katana 50, since the artist one came out people are panicking and flogging gen1 katanas for some reason so bargains to be had.

If you really just wanted something teenier there is the Blackstar Core 10 and even the Katana Mini and Blackstar Fly

Cheapest of all, the Vox amplugs
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...