Fender custom shop used prices

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• @bacchanalian I would add that I agree the market here in NI is tiny for certain things if we're not prepared to post. And I'm always surprised when I see ads on gumtree with the "will not ship" line,But I'll happily buy online and have it posted here,so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work the other way. There will be someone for it,no doubt. You just need a bit of luck in finding the guy that looks at it and cries "yyyesss"! Good luck.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hello @Roysterdoyster ;
    Do you have a DGT to trade by chance?
    I have bought nearly everything by mail order, but can understand why people on the mainland might not be happy buying sight unseen when they would have many more options within a few hours drive.
    I have had a couple of deals with @dallcorp who is in Dublin. Perhaps we should investigate ways to open all of the island?  Maybe start a thread of fretboarders in Ireland /Northern Ireland to contact without troubling the mainlanders.

• I very recently did a deal with @Roysterdoyster with no issues at all. Few quid over £40 fully insured and delivered next day. I would have no qualms with buying or selling with someone on the island. 
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    edited March 2018
    The market has been fickle and up and down for a couple of years. Last year, when I wanted to sell my Abby CS Strat, I almost couldn't give it away, even when I dropped the price to £1400. Now that I've decided to keep it, suddenly it's in demand.
  • Hello @Roysterdoyster ;
    Do you have a DGT to trade by chance?
    I have bought nearly everything by mail order, but can understand why people on the mainland might not be happy buying sight unseen when they would have many more options within a few hours drive.
    I have had a couple of deals with @dallcorp who is in Dublin. Perhaps we should investigate ways to open all of the island?  Maybe start a thread of fretboarders in Ireland /Northern Ireland to contact without troubling the mainlanders.

Many forums have a "The NI/Ireland" thread so why not? No idea how much traffic it would get on here though. Nowt to trade I'm afraid.
  • I very recently did a deal with @Roysterdoyster with no issues at all. Few quid over £40 fully insured and delivered next day. I would have no qualms with buying or selling with someone on the island. 

I don't ship anything of 'value' because I've yet to find a courier that will actually insure guitars for damage and loss to their true value.
    Unless things have changed very recently...