Musicguard Equipment Insurance... or other recommendations

camfcamf Frets: 1191
Anyone had experience of using them?

I'm starting doing some studio-based recording and probably some occasional gigging on top of regular rehearsal studio visits so it seems to make sense to finally sort out some insurance. Given that it's original material, I'm hardly likely to be overwhelmed with gigs, so it's pretty occasional rather than being a working covers band. I'm also rarely taking out more than two guitars, amp and pedals if I'm taking stuff out of the house so most of the cover would be making sure it's safe at home from break-ins, etc. My guitars are all valued sub-£2K but I have three in the £1k - £2k range and the rest are all partscasters/relic jobs. Both amps are sub £1K too.  

Is anyone in similar circumstances worked out a good deal anywhere?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5382
    I've used Musicians Insurance Services (Bryan James) for years.

Can't actually say if they're any good or not, as I've never had to make a claim. The premiums are generally reasonable, though (based on a percentage of the insured value, but sufficiently low as not to be too painful).

Funnily enough I'm probably going to let my policy lapse, but only because I'm currently doing less, and taking less kit out with me, so I've gradually been knocking stuff off the list anyway, and it's at the point where if the worst happened I could afford to replace the odd item that's out and about with me anyway.
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Thanks @Snags. Their online quotes only seems to cover main instruments. Do you know if they cover amps too? 
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5382
    edited March 2018
    Yup. I've had guitars, sax's, amps, pedals etc. all insured with them over the years.

Ring them up and have a chat, particularly if you want unattended vehicle cover and stuff like that (I didn't).  They've always been very helpful to me.

{edit for autocorrect }

• camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Great! I'll call them tomorrow.