Can't decide if these are nice or ugly...

What's Hot
teradaterada Frets: 5114
They got my attention initially, now I've swung to thinking they are pretty ugly.

Hmmm, they are currently being cleared out like the amps. Weirdly I'm still tempted...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    I was trying to work out whether 50% off means they were really over ambitious with their prices/margin initially or whether they're taking a huge loss?

You rarely see that level of discount from new unless it's the those rapturous days of the Gibson 2015 Amazon debacle.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27257
    I don't like em, which is odd, cos I love the Rhoney Oceana which is basically a posh wooden version of the same idea

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    I’ve always liked the aesthetic of these. Their original price point was just so crowded though, I get why they just didn’t shift - way too much choice. 

Shergolds are being heavily discounted too - not as much as these but a fairly significant amount. They are exactly the same - update a vintage design with some high-end talent on board, make in Indonesia, profit. Except for that last thing obviously. 
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    They are beautiful. I am slightly bias though - http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/114216/ngd-supro#latest

The Sahara is really nice, super light, good range from the tone control, it's my go to guitar currently.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    I don't like em, which is odd, cos I love the Rhoney Oceana which is basically a posh wooden version of the same idea

I agree, that just looks nicer
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175

That's miles better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72674
    terada said:

That's cool - much more so than the fancier ones with more pickups and knobs.

That was nice... until it was ruined by having an acoustic guitar pickguard tacked onto it - badly. There's a good chance of it getting broken too. What were they thinking?

Such a small difference from the Supro, but all the difference in the world when it comes to being right.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    they look like toys to me, but them I'm old - I like f-holes and sunburst ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12961
    I like those. They're cool. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4205
    Lovely looking things 
  • I played one yesterday (briefly) when I collected a guitar that had been in for a set up. 
    I quite liked it- nicely resonant, but I disliked the wooden bridge & theres NO way I'd pay the original price!
  • svejksvejk Frets: 148
    Cool...just needs another pickup and a bigsby!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72674

theres NO way I'd pay the original price!
    It seems that with both these and the amps, they attached far too much value to a name which has little or no significance to most players now, and is mostly associated with a couple of very specific models used by particular players - and the prices then seemed laughable for the actual quality of the products.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• svejksvejk Frets: 148
    They look like Eastwood or danelectros. Fun designs, but you wouldn't want to pay big money.
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I really like them.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I don't like it, it looks like it's been made by Fisher-Price.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    proggy said:
    I don't like it, it looks like it's been made by Fisher-Price.

Rock, and learn...

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14581
    terada said:
    nice or ugly
    What's with the *or*?

Why can't it be nice and ugly?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    Sadly they are no longer available. Toys R Us have just gone bust.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom