Comfy old shoes . . SRV Stratocaster & an old man talking bollocks

What's Hot
maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 561
Its funny how I can wax on about how good my latest guitar is & how well it plays & how good it sounds and feels  . . blah, blah, blah, blah, etc. I've done that so many times, literally last month I was harping on about my SRV Stratocaster which, dont get me wrong, is a cracking guitar without a single doubt and worth every penny I paid for it   . . BUT . . . truth is though I'm back playing my old / other Stratocaster even though its a lesser guitar and the main reason is  . . it just feels like a a pair of comfy old shoes . . . Ive grown used to it  . . . It doesn't sound a patch on the SRV but who cares ??? Im not gigging anymore so who hears what Im playing ?? Just my wife I suppose and possibly my neighbors a little . . There you go, its off my chest now :-)
Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steersteer Frets: 1200
    GAS is nearly all about the thrill of the chase. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    steer said:
    It's the same for most things in life
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12422
    steer said:
    It's the same for most things in life
    My boss's dad died recently, he went to clear the house and found two pairs of brand new expensive slippers that he had bought his dad as gifts still in boxes in a cupboard.  When he found his dads age old cheap slippers that he had always worn he saw his dad had resoled them!
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12683
    "I'm back playing my old / other Stratocaster even though its a lesser guitar"

Lesser guitar? In what respect? Less strings? No neck? No pickups?

This BS that folks put forward about some guitars being 'lesser' because they were less expensive when new doesn't wash with me.
    For me, if a guitar inspires it doesn't matter a flying fart what the origins or resale vale is. Brands are for marketeers. And we all know what Bill Hicks said about people who work in marketting...

Just play the guitar you like, sod the bragging rights.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 561
    edited March 2018
    ?? wtf
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    Comfy shoes - You only need 1 pair now. Never be uncomfortable around your pieds again...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/03/05/article-2573779-1C0DDA9100000578-136_634x286.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

+ a free pack of incontinence pants with every pair!

While stocks last.

• maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 561
    edited March 2018
    Ive seen the light :-) . . . . . Do they come in brown ???