SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Anyone selling a vintage Fender Deluxe Reverb?

ChéChé Frets: 305
edited March 2018 in Amps £
Hey guys, looking for an old DR, silverface probably. Hit me up if you’ve got on collecting dust.

Cheers,
Shaun
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 104
    @Ché I've been on the look out too and stumbled across this beautiful Vibrolux incase it's of any interest to you, unfortunately it's a bit out of my price league:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/fender-vibrolux-1973/1291408703
  • ChéChé Frets: 305
    Duppy03 said:
    @Ché I've been on the look out too and stumbled across this beautiful Vibrolux incase it's of any interest to you, unfortunately it's a bit out of my price league:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/fender-vibrolux-1973/1291408703
    Oh nice, cheers man! Guess I’m gonna be digging into the VR vs. DR threads. 

From what I recall, is a VR similar to a scaled down Twin Reverb in tone?
  • Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 104
    I'm also selling a 1974 Silverface Pro Reverb if that's of any interest  :3
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    Thanks, I hadn’t seen that but I have been messaged regarding it. 

As it happens a friend of mine told me today about the Fender 64 Deluxe Reverb that’s been released. Hand wired, vintage spec and build. Looks very tempting. Anyone had a chance to play one yet?
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 786
    Might be worth looking at the supersonic 22 Ché. Deluxe reverbish but 2 channels which is miles more useful than a vibrato channel. I think i noticed you moving on a mk V35 , i had one too but sent it back for the supersonic & have no regrets.
    It's a nice amp at half the price of the handwired (or v35).  
    edited March 2018
    gordiji said:
    Might be worth looking at the supersonic 22 Ché. Deluxe reverbish but 2 channels which is miles more useful than a vibrato channel. I think i noticed you moving on a mk V35 , i had one too but sent it back for the supersonic & have no regrets.
    It's a nice amp at half the price of the handwired (or v35).  

Hey man, I used to own a SS22! It was incredible, the gain channel was exactly what lead tone I wanted. Unfortunately it was far too noisy to record with and the cab left a lot to be desired. I gigged with it a lot and it always sounded like the cabinet was going to fall apart. Plus the clean channel didn’t have enough headroom for me. 

i thought about picking up a 60w version as I love the Bassman circuit on the clean channel but again, knowing the issues I had with it couldn’t buy another. 

If if they made a quiet Fender SS it’d be my go to amp for sure!
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 786
    Interesting you say that

Hey man, I used to own a SS22! It was incredible, the gain channel was exactly what lead tone I wanted. Unfortunately it was far too noisy to record with and the cab left a lot to be desired. I gigged with it a lot and it always sounded like the cabinet was going to fall apart. Plus the clean channel didn’t have enough headroom for me. 

If they made a quiet Fender SS it’d be my go to amp for sure!
    It is a bit noisy (electrically & physically) but i play  mine through my engl v30 cab as the speaker sounds better & it reduces the rattle. I think the little cage around the valves is part of this which is removable. If it was available as a head it would have been my preference.
    As far as headroom goes , when played through my EV 12 L loaded zilla cab its very loud before real break up. I think you'd have the same headroom problem with any deluxe old or new.
    Good luck with your quest.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3903
    Ché said:
    Thanks, I hadn’t seen that but I have been messaged regarding it. 

As it happens a friend of mine told me today about the Fender 64 Deluxe Reverb that’s been released. Hand wired, vintage spec and build. Looks very tempting. Anyone had a chance to play one yet?
    Not played one, but it was the best tone Mark Agnesi ever had on guitar of the day. Pricey though.