Nice leather guitar straps?

What's Hot
Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2200

Can anyone recommend me a supplier of high quality leather straps?   I’m looking for something a bit fancy possibly with tooled leather / patterns / tassels etc.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• springheadspringhead Frets: 1596
    Agreed.  Heistercamp straps are excellent.
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2200
    Sweet! They look just the thing. 
  • veldt666veldt666 Frets: 83
    Ethos Custom
  • mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
    +1 for Heistercamp, checked them out at the guitar show and was very impressed
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Heistercamp. You also get a little bag of goodies with your strap and a handwritten thank you note. Love the little details like that
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    I'm not sure if these are high end enough but I spotted these Mojo Race Straps in Feline Guitars the last time I was there and they're really well-made and the colour schemes look great

http://www.felineguitars.com/shop/shop_strapsandstraplocks.htm

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24808
    I’ve got the Gilmour one - it’s really nicely made - he does plenty of other designs too:

https://www.martinpryceleather.co.uk/products/replica-gilmour-guitar-strap-custom-made-brown
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Kebabkid said:
    I'm not sure if these are high end enough but I spotted these Mojo Race Straps in Feline Guitars the last time I was there and they're really well-made and the colour schemes look great

I didn't realise that feline held stock of those wanted one for ages but never got around to buying from america.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I’ve got the Gilmour one - it’s really nicely made - he does plenty of other designs too:

https://www.martinpryceleather.co.uk/products/replica-gilmour-guitar-strap-custom-made-brown
    I bet that looks ace with the Sunburst Strat!
    I know you've had it a while but I've only just made that connection.

I've recounted the story before but briefly, in 1980, Aged 8, my Dad took me to Rushworth & Draper in Liverpool to look at guitars. In his MkIII Cortina, we played 'Wish you were here' that day on cassette and on the way there we obviously had on 'Shine on you crazy diamond'.
    When we got there, I had only been playing for a few months and could barely hold down chords so he played and he played what we'd just been listening to in the car on a sunburst Strat with a maple neck,... quite well too.

That was my first experience of electric guitars, guitar shops and what "Cool" meant.
    From that day onwards I've always associated the song 'Crazy Diamond' with a sunburst Strat, so even though I'm now no fan of maple necks and I don't really like sunburst these days, I still bet that strap looks good on that guitar!

Sorry for banging on about the past.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    Heistercamp look great but the options & measurements confused the hell out of me!
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    Not leather but I recommend AirStraps - UK company and some stunning weave/patterns on them 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    underdog said:
    Kebabkid said:

I didn't realise that feline held stock of those wanted one for ages but never got around to buying from america.
    We have loads of great straps in - the Mojo Race appeal to my love of motorsport themes , and they mean we keep some animal product free straps for those who want those, but we have some lovely leather ones too

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24808
    edited March 2018
    Alnico said:
    I bet that looks ace with the Sunburst Strat!
    I know you've had it a while but I've only just made that connection.

I've recounted the story before but briefly, in 1980, Aged 8, my Dad took me to Rushworth & Draper in Liverpool to look at guitars. In his MkIII Cortina, we played 'Wish you were here' that day on cassette and on the way there we obviously had on 'Shine on you crazy diamond'.
    When we got there, I had only been playing for a few months and could barely hold down chords so he played and he played what we'd just been listening to in the car on a sunburst Strat with a maple neck,... quite well too.

That was my first experience of electric guitars, guitar shops and what "Cool" meant.
    From that day onwards I've always associated the song 'Crazy Diamond' with a sunburst Strat, so even though I'm now no fan of maple necks and I don't really like sunburst these days, I still bet that strap looks good on that guitar!

Sorry for banging on about the past.
    It doesn’t actually match the guitar that well - but I saw DG at the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester on the ‘On An Island’ tour and coveted the strap from there on in. A great night - Richard Wright on keys, so half (and arguably from a musical stand point - the most important half) of Pink Floyd.
  • CaptainBbCaptainBb Frets: 17
    edited March 2018
    I have a couple of Heistercamp straps and a couple of their belts.  Expensive but high quality.  Should last a lifetime (mine at least!).

I also have a couple of Corvo straps - shame they're not around anymore.

Barefoot Leather straps are nice too.

If you want fancy tooling, check these guys out:   http://www.caerurfaleather.co.uk/handmade-leather-guitar-straps.html
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    I've got two Heistercamp straps and you really cant go wrong they are great!

I also noticed these on another thread - look good too:

https://www.pinegroveleather.com/GS41-Leather-Guitar-Strap-p/pg150841.htm

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2200

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I’m going to order one from Heistercamp in black with bright red interior.  

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6177
    tFB Trader
    crunchman said:
    Fishboy7 said:

Great news!! 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Fishboy7 said:

Good choice, here’s on of mine. 

(If I can get the photo link to work).