SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Hudson Electronics Broadcast

What's Hot
JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6118
edited March 2018 in FX £
Arrived today, I've spent a couple of hours with it. It's not for me. I could return it to supplier but as they're very popular atm I'll put it up for sale for a couple of days first. £154.00 (ppg) delivered. As new condition with all the bits and pieces -

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 395
    Yes please.. pm'd you.
    Jon
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6118
    Sold.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12422
    Pleased you finally got one Jon!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Swift
    So fast it hasn't stopped moving. ;)

It's probably heresy but... I prefer my SD-2.
  • JezWynd said:
    Swift

Have to say I’ve done really well resisting the Hudson Broadcast myself... your old Boss SD-2 is still a winner btw
    JezWynd said:
    Swift

Have to say I’ve done really well resisting the Hudson Broadcast myself... your old Boss SD-2 is still a winner btw
    I missed my SD-2 so much I had to source another. Sonically the Husdon and Boss aren't far apart (at least at the volume/amp settings I'm using). The Hudson is looser at the low end (poss why it has a low cut?). The SD-2 on the other hand is tighter, more focussed but the core fuzz sound is v similar imo and the low gain sound of the SD-2 definitely wins over the Hudson for me. I preferred the Hudson on bass rather than on guitar, it enhances the natural growl of the Ric very nicely and gives it to you at home friendly volume.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWynd said:
    JezWynd said:
    Swift

I missed my SD-2 so much I had to source another. Sonically the Husdon and Boss aren't far apart (at least at the volume/amp settings I'm using). The Hudson is looser at the low end (poss why it has a low cut?). The SD-2 on the other hand is tighter, more focussed but the core fuzz sound is v similar imo and the low gain sound of the SD-2 definitely wins over the Hudson for me. I preferred the Hudson on bass rather than on guitar, it enhances the natural growl of the Ric very nicely and gives it to you at home friendly volume.
    Almost tempted to get a second as a back up as they are currently cheap as chips
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3905
    JezWynd said:
    JezWynd said:
    Swift

@JezWynd ; Did you try the Broadcast on 18V or, even better, 24V? It sorts the bass out and gives it a lovely chewiness.
    Lebarque said:
    JezWynd said:
    JezWynd said:
    Swift

@JezWynd ; Did you try the Broadcast on 18V or, even better, 24V? It sorts the bass out and gives it a lovely chewiness.
    Have to confess I didn't. I love driven sounds in others' playing but although I occasionally still try out an OD or distortion I find it's a sound that doesn't work well with my playing style. Hopefully it's found an appreciative home.