Anyone tried the Epiphone ES Les Pauls?

johnljohnl Frets: 2011
Very tempted by an ES Les Paul but my budget won't allow for a Gibson at the moment. Has anyone tried the Epiphone equivalents and if so how are they? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11907
    I've got an Epi Les Paul Custom Pro, I'd imagine the ES are similar (but lighter).

It's just fine, mine has the Probucker pickups which I think are better than the standard ones.

It's really quite nicely made and well appointed, try to get yourself a deal as the prices have been whacked up recently.

Worth checking for second hand as well, seen some right bargains on second hand Epis in the classifieds.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I had one of the early ones, which was ok.. Better with a pickup swap, as I recall. I vaguely know a guy with one of the recent ones, who seems happy with it.. 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3606
    I have an Epi LP Standard, its a very well made , solid guitar. I always thought Epiphone were to Gibson what Squier were to Fender, that's simply not the case with my LP, its way better than any Squier I have ever played.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.