Thank you Digitech, thank you HMRC !

What's Hot
Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7791

As mentioned elsewhere, I had to give up on my dream of owning a Digitech Ventura Vibe, and HM Customs are still having fun playing with my modded Behringer Multi fx.

Because that meant my middle music stand had a huge space on it still not filled, and because I don't have the spare funds to buy anything else (I'm fully expecting it to be a while before my payment for the Ventura is refunded because I've seen plenty of threads ;) ) I was FORCED to fill the space with my DM4, despite being mostly about making weird noises without much in the way of distortion.

Yesterday I played it with the Westone P90 and was pleasantly surprised to find I could get it to play quite nicely with everything else, just a tiny hint of noise with three out of four patches and a little bit of hum on the fourth.

This morning I played my self-built guitar (humbuckers) into it and was very pleased to find it pretty much silent, even with the patch that hummed slightly using the P90.

What I hadn't prepared myself for was that playing my Vitruvian Mod into that patch (MT-2 Metal Zone!) into an Arpanoid would make for the most gloriously pointless racket :)

So thank you to Digitech for discontinuing the Ventura Vibe, and thank you to HM Customs for hanging onto my Behringer (I'd like it now though, please).

Now, the question I know you all want the answer to is "can I fit another stand in?" and my answer would be, I think I probably could if I can find eight more pedals I really can't do without. Having said that, I would need funds for the pedals, the stand, more power supplies and more plug sockets to plug them into, so I doubt that it'll happen anytime soon.

If that disappoints you then fear not! I could squeeze three more in if I put the DM4 on the floor, so all is not lost ;)

Crazy I know (and maybe a huge waste of money to some) but it keeps me amused, and more importantly, far less depressed than when I started playing again.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    Another option is to plug your guitar straight into the amp.  Saves on floor space or costly pedalboards.......
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    edited March 2018

*cough*

I have a Ventura Vibe doing nothing at the moment if you're still after one. A1 condition, not a scratch on it.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6139
    Good Lord, I don't think I could get my foot up that high to press them pedal's switches.  ;)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28381
    I am very much enjoying these posts. Even more epic than when you had about a hundred of those funky Yamaha basses.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9772
    Love the music stand pedal board idea, seems brilliant and I may well steal that for my music room...
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    You really need a Strymon Flint ;)
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    What is a modded Behringer multi fx?
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9559
    By the way, I thought the Ventura was an excellent pedal, and they are now cheap as chips !
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 908
    Thomann were selling the Ventura for 70 quid not so long ago, not sure if they still are though.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7791

I was buying a Ventura for £70, but they didn't have one in the end. It's no big deal as I'm sure one will pop up when I have funds. ( @Col_Decker - I might be in touch at some point, but not right now)

@bingefeller ; - this is the pedal HM Customs have for now.

@sweepy - despite having spent a ridiculous amount on pedals so far, I struggle with the idea of spend nearly £300 on one pedal, although there are one or two (Polymoon) that are tempting.

I do have a vibe patch on the Tonelab so that will have to do for now, but as long as I'm providing entertainment for Andi it's all good :)

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Paul_C said:

I was buying a Ventura for £70, but they didn't have one in the end. It's no big deal as I'm sure one will pop up when I have funds. ( @Col_Decker - I might be in touch at some point, but not right now)

@bingefeller ; - this is the pedal HM Customs have for now.

@sweepy - despite having spent a ridiculous amount on pedals so far, I struggle with the idea of spend nearly £300 on one pedal, although there are one or two (Polymoon) that are tempting.

I do have a vibe patch on the Tonelab so that will have to do for now, but as long as I'm providing entertainment for Andi it's all good :)

Was that Thomann who didn't have one? Looks like Hot Rox have them at £70 as well, but also says 'please call'. Assume there's load of discounted ones imcomming?
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Paul that is cool.  I’ve never known anyone to mod a Behringer pedal like that, it looks a lot of fun.  

The guy calls himself Simon The Magpie, and he mods and makes all sorts of weird stuff :)

The Behringer was done as part of a "send me your pedal and I'll mod it for you" thing, not sure if he still does it.

Octafish said:
    Paul_C said:

I was buying a Ventura for £70, but they didn't have one in the end.

Was that Thomann who didn't have one? Looks like Hot Rox have them at £70 as well, but also says 'please call'. Assume there's load of discounted ones imcomming?
    No, it was Hot Rox - when I ordered mine it said they had stock, but by the time my order was processed they didn't.

I phoned the distributors who said there weren't any left apart from maybe a couple of b-stock or loaners out somewhere.

I'm not that fussed - I do have plenty of pedals to use until funds allow me to buy more ;)

If I count the Tonelab and DM4 each as being one pedal then I have 25 at the moment, though a number (including the BitQuests and Syntax Error) do quite a lot more than just one thing.

Not only that, but to pacify purists like @Rocker I sometimes play the guitar with no pedals switched on whatsoever!