Ceriatone Centura Klone

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15967

What's the deal with these fellows........?

any good?  I see they can go for high prices too.....a waiting list perhaps?

you any experience of one?

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• exocetexocet Frets: 1960
    edited March 2018
    I’ve got one, it looks and sounds the business if you like what a Klon does best (clean boost / slight drive into a Fender type amp that’s at the point of break up).

Think I paid $175 shipped. There was a 3 month wait list at that time. I think that they have sold over 1000 of these now. 

That said, the Klon circuit is well known so I wouldn’t claim that Ceriatones sound any better than anyone else’s. They are well made and there is a choice of cases which is where I think they do very well....Chrome, Gold, Matt Black, polished Aluminium, think they will even do a Pink one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    You can get a Frederic Effects klone in a small box. I don't see the appeal of the large casing. Probably the most overrated pedal out there next to a KOT. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    It's an overpriced Klone. 
    You can get a Frederic Effects klone in a small box. I don't see the appeal of the large casing. Probably the most overrated pedal out there next to a KOT. 
    Nahhh. The Ceriatone has no where near the same "following" as the KOT.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    BBBlues said:
    Nahhh. The Ceriatone has no where near the same "following" as the KOT.
    Seriously?
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2246
    edited March 2018
    People justify the prices of these pedals with hype. I paid  360 for a silver klon AND a king of tone  v2. They are good pedals but have limitations.I don't have a problem using a fulldrive 2 or friedman instead.

Edit actually I prefer amp overdrive but use pedals instead of two amps.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    There's some bollocks being talked on here. Firstly the Centura isn't expensive. No more than you'd pay for many other klones.  And I'd argue the Ceriatone ie likely better made, especially when you consider the cost of the enclosure. The reason there is a premium for s/h ones is because of the waiting list and the waiting list is down the enclosure maker. If you wanted one there's been one on eBay for £220 ish that didn't sell, so they're not exactly in high demand. 

I've got one, and another,  a pink one, on order. It is one of the best overdrives I've got but I haven't a/b'd it with a real one, though my mate has a KTR. Not the point really, though there are videos on the net of people doing exactly that. 

Nice to hear some experience. How do you use the Ceriatone - as a boost?

Maybe I was unfair to say it's overpriced. What I was getting at however is I personally don't want to pay a premium for a pedal with an expensive enclosure, as it's just gonna get stomped on, dusty, dirty and well...used! As long as a pedal is durable I don't see the need to pay the extra ££ for an exotic enclosure. They do look pretty though :)

There are so many other really good Klones out there which are built to a really high standard for less. I personally find the Arc Klone V2 really good which can be had for about £110 sh (half the price). I owned the Arc at the same time as a real Klon and a KTR. The Arc was 99% there, the only difference being the bass frequency roll off was slightly different. The KTR however sounded really weak in comparison to the Klon and Arc!
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    No, the Ceriatone is not £220 it was about £175 but for that you have to wait. 

And the build quality of the Ceriatone is second to none. As is the anal attention to component choice. That's what Nik does. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yep OK. I've owned 3 real Klons but what do I know. Second to none - better than all the other Klones it is.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom