Dimarzio super distortions vs Gibson dirty fingers , anyone tried em ??

riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
im looking to swap out a PAF style pickup in a les Paul.
i tend to gravitate towards hotter pickups , I have a set of Bill Lawrence hb's in my les Paul custom .

im looking for something similar to put in another les Paul . I know I like super distortions , but ice always wondered about dirty fingers pickups too.

anyone tried em ?!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8724
     Moved to Guitar
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14472
    i've always wondered about dirty fingers pickups too. anyone tried em ?!
    Yes. Recent re-issues and the pukka Eighties originals. (They ain't the same!) 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4725
    edited March 2018
    I used to have a Shaftesbury Les Paul that I upgraded with a DiMarzio super distortion in the bridge, a phase switch (out of phase tone with both p/ups) and Schaller machines - it was my main gigging guitar (well, it was my only guitar) for years until I bought my 69 hard-tail Strat.  The Di-Marzio had real balls and really raunched but with clarity!

photo 76030b15e51af7af7d592fe2b657f38b_zpse44619d9jpeg
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Tat2dsteshTat2dstesh Frets: 193
    I've had the dirty fingers in an sg and had a Duncan distortion in a Les Paul at the time. The df sounded very clear and big, not as distorted as I thought and had a kinda grind to it, actually really liked it in the sg I had. Actually preferred it sound wise to the distortion. 
    I've had a dimarzio distortion in the past and liked that too, but there's something about dimarzio pickups that I end up disliking and move towards Duncan or Gibson pickups. To be honest though I've moved onto oilcity pickups as they do sound amazing and I think he does a dimarzio distortion type pickup.