Current Fender Strat Range

MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
Has anyone had a good play on the current US made Strat range (Professional vs Elite vs Original)?

I'm keen to hear views.  Loads of interesting YouTube clips.  
Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    I did play a Am Pro Strat recently and was not that impressed. It wasn't that anything was awful, but nothing about it blew me away and I've played a few US Stds recently that I thought were much better. I could have been me or maybe it was just a dog. One thing that was definitely wrong with it was the weight, really heavy, I would guess getting on for 10 Ibs.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27117
    I haven’t tried the new ones, but I have to say I played a “new old stock” American standard the other week and it was a lovely, lively guitar. 

Consensus us seems to be that the new range is even better, so bodes we’ll.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    edited March 2018
    Octafish said:
    I did play a Am Pro Strat recently and was not that impressed. It wasn't that anything was awful, but nothing about it blew me away and I've played a few US Stds recently that I thought were much better. I could have been me or maybe it was just a dog. One thing that was definitely wrong with it was the weight, really heavy, I would guess getting on for 10 Ibs.

I've just read the review in Guitarist magazine (first time I bought a guitar mag in about 10 years) of the new American Original guitars. The one criticism was  the weights of the models reviewed. They were all 8.5lb upwards.
    This is disappointing, hopefully there are lighter ones out there. The 60's Strat interests me. Vintage profile neck with 9.5 inch radius and vintage 6 screw trem is spot on. Normally you'd have to go Custom Shop to get those specs from an American made Strat. 
    Lack of colours is a tad disappointing as well though the olympic white looks nice.