Tele neck - some advise please

What's Hot
poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
right peeps,

Ive acquired a wd music tele neck as part of a deal, came with fender tuners and a fender stamped neck plate... it was 22fret but has been made into 21fret. It’s also had the bolt holes plugged.

I have no use for this neck so want to move it on... but... it has a “logo” on it!... 

Now, I don’t want to sell it with the logo as it’s not a fender neck, but, if I take the logo off it will need to be refinished which will cost me time etc...

what do I do with this neck?

any advice appriciated.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12399
    poopot said:
    right peeps,

Ive acquired a wd music tele neck as part of a deal, came with fender tuners and a fender stamped neck plate... it was 22fret but has been made into 21fret. It’s also had the bolt holes plugged.

I have no use for this neck so want to move it on... but... it has a “logo” on it!... 

Now, I don’t want to sell it with the logo as it’s not a fender neck, but, if I take the logo off it will need to be refinished which will cost me time etc...

what do I do with this neck?

any advice appriciated.

You should be able to remove the decal with water if it hasn't got too much lacquer over it, reverse how you would put it on, wet it and put backing paper on it, then wet that, should slide off.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    munckee said:

You should be able to remove the decal with water if it hasn't got too much lacquer over it, reverse how you would put it on, wet it and put backing paper on it, then wet that, should slide off.
    It’s been lacquered over, only lightly, but enough that it’s not going to come off easily!...
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099