Missed it!

What's Hot
skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
You know when a second hand guitar comes up, so you go away to see what you could sell and scrape the money together and an hour later its gone! 

Twas an Esp Ltd ec-1000 with duncans second hand, £500.. 

I was about to reluctantly list my Se tremonti to replace a single cut for a better single cut (mines the real base model). 

Ho hum. Wasnt meant to be!
The only easy day, was yesterday...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3608
    1985, bound ,MIJ tele, 62 RI, CAR and Rosewood, lovely thing, local auction and I was skint, listed as having no serial number but it was on the bridge on these guitars, I could only afford 333 quid, it sold for 336! I wept.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    robgilmo said:
    1985, bound ,MIJ tele, 62 RI, CAR and Rosewood, lovely thing, local auction and I was skint, listed as having no serial number but it was on the bridge on these guitars, I could only afford 333 quid, it sold for 336! I wept.

Ah man that sucks haha!

I should really bloody get a guitar fund set up for these occasions!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4675
    Keep your eyes open you can pick those ec1000 up pretty cheap I think I paid £330 for mine, awful lot of guitar for the money
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3608
    This is it man, I have decided to only own one decent guitar and stick with it, gas sucks!
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Life’s too short for one guitar @robgilmo ;

i have 5 but that’s max capacity but they are all different, I am currently stratless so think the esp Ec256p is on the block to make way for a strat 
    Keep your eyes open you can pick those ec1000 up pretty cheap I think I paid £330 for mine, awful lot of guitar for the money

Hell yeah! 

That's the thing, I was toying with the idea of upgrading the Se's pickups, so that's what £160 for a set on Duncans these days, + Set up £45 odd.. By the time I've spent the fuel and for the tech's labour I could have paid £100 more for a much better specced guitar, with xj frets which I prefer, albeit used.. 

£330 quid is an absolute bargain for a 1000 series. I don't know much about them, but this was a Deluxe version if theres any difference. Had the lovely abalone binding and inlays, passive pickups and a hardcase to boot. 

Didn't have grovers but even on my lower spec'd Esps, the Ltd tuners seem ok to me! 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4205
    I missed a Boss SY300 on Amazon for £269 :(
    The esp ec guitars are great , I have 3 at moment but ones up for trades or sale , it’s the p90 256 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7853

There was what was listed as a Jackson Soloist in my local free ad paper for £100 inc. case.

I rang almost as soon as I saw it (the day the paper came out) but it had already gone.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Paul_C said:

There was what was listed as a Jackson Soloist in my local free ad paper for £100 inc. case.

I rang almost as soon as I saw it (the day the paper came out) but it had already gone.
    Someone got bargain of the century!!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1856
    edited March 2018
    I regret not getting the fender modern player jaguar when thomman were throwing them out at £175. And also the cabronitas at £225. 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.