Westworld Season 2

What's Hot

Comments

• bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655

If the Guests' brains are "backed up" in the Forge, and say a Guest was implanted into an artificial body.. that became damaged or broken... then it could be restored from the backup... 

But not if the backups are destroyed by William and/or Delores.

I actually suspect Ford/Bernard wants to keep them intact.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1303
    This season is feeling a little like "Lost" in its attempts to weave this mystery.  Struggling to stay with it to be honest.
    The premise and concept are really all that is keeping me watching.  Not really bothered what happens to any of the robots nevermind the human characters, if there in fact are any.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    sinbaadi said:
    This season is feeling a little like "Lost" in its attempts to weave this mystery.  Struggling to stay with it to be honest.
    The premise and concept are really all that is keeping me watching.  Not really bothered what happens to any of the robots nevermind the human characters, if there in fact are any.
    I wanted to see more trips to other westworld places - the samurai one was good.

Shame as the only world we got to see was "self-indulgent Hollywood writers world"
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    watched the final episode (i think) last night.  still trying to get my head round it all.  The whole series appears to have been scrambled due to being from Bernards point of view?  Wont go any further to prevent spoilers but interested in others thoughts

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    I thought it was an over-complex load of arse where the story was a distant second to trying to catch our social media.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4633
    was totally confused by time line. At which points where the various parties in the lift? 
    Did some enter before or after flood, why did they never cross paths?
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    awesome tv.. just awesome..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    Garthy said:
    I thought it was an over-complex load of arse where the story was a distant second to trying to catch our social media.

agreed, the plot has disappeared up it's own robotic arse.

• ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Finished it today. If it wasn't for the dainty Thandie Newton, I'd have given up halfway through this season. Could have been great but just ended being a long, drawn out mess. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    edited June 2018
    was totally confused by time line. At which points where the various parties in the lift? 
    Did some enter before or after flood, why did they never cross paths?
    Did you watch the post-credits bit...? 

Spoiler:
    I'm fairly sure MIB made it to the lift a *whole* lot later than Bernard.

FWIW I followed it all and understood everything, I think. But it's intentionally significantly more complicated than your average Eastenders plot. We're not supposed to understand everything yet, I'm quite sure.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader

I got most of it but did find it a bit over convoluted...  Right at the end when you find out about Dolores..  I didn't understand when it was exactly that she took over? How long had she been on the outside for?  Ed Harris..  I got that they had made versions of everyone but was the character we were watching the whole time one of those copies or was that happening in the background with the real one in Westworld going slowly going mad?

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11756
    Rabs said:

I got most of it but did find it a bit over convoluted...  Right at the end when you find out about Dolores..  I didn't understand when it was exactly that she took over? How long had she been on the outside for?  Ed Harris..  I got that they had made versions of everyone but was the character we were watching the whole time one of those copies or was that happening in the background with the real one in Westworld going slowly going mad?

There is a significant time jump at the end, potentially even further to the MIB scene.

Dolores has found Ford's gift of Arnold's abandoned dream home, and used the equipment to make a new her (presumably there is still a her inside Charlotte Hale host as well) and rebuild Bernard.  Given that she has done nearly 12,000 test, we can assume it has been some years since the escape, and the park has been rebuilt, although the "project" and the Forge are destroyed.

Presumably she will rebuild the other hosts she escaped with, potentially any of a number we know did not make it into the "Valley Beyond".  Probably not Maeve, looks like the two nerds have thoughts of rebuilding her, guess it depends if Thandie wants to do another season.  It's possible she will have a new plotline hidden in the rebuilt park, where Ford is still lurking in the system.

The MIB loop at the end is discussed online in some depth.  Basically, in the same way as James Delos personal hell was his contribution to the death of his son, the MIBs is his murder of his own daughter.  He therefore is STILL trying to beat Ford, who thinks humans are pretty shabby inferior creatures who are stuck in our own loops because our selfishness prevents the kind of self-analysis the hosts are capable of.

His way of doing it is to put his own stored image through the same two years over and over, hoping he will break his programming and not murder his daughter, he has failed again...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader

His way of doing it is to put his own stored image through the same two years over and over, hoping he will break his programming and not murder his daughter, he has failed again...
    Hmm.. ok cheers for that.. I may actually have to watch it again.. 
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4633
    Question.
    Bernard and Delores start the flood and Bernard shoots Deloris. Ford back up and meets the other goes down and finds shot Delores, but no flood? 
    Or is this a seperate repeated timeline?
    Cheers chaps.   From my point of view, I loved it. Complex and needed close attention throughout.  Thought- provoking considering issues of slavery and free will.  I believe Delores left with a fair few host marbles so plenty of capacity for additional host personalities in the future.   The writers have said that the next series will be set a little while in the future in the "real world" that Delores and Bernard now inhabit, but will include action back at the park including areas not yet seen.

Brilliant TV

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11756
    Rabs said:

Hmm.. ok cheers for that.. I may actually have to watch it again.. 
    Its not obvious, the showrunners explained it in an interview.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Season 1 got me hooked but season 2 has lost me. It’s now more clever than entertaining. It has some great themes - free will, what it is to be human and so on but these get lost within over complicated unresolved non linear storylines. I fear it’s all glitz and tricks with no heart. 
    Season 1 got me hooked but season 2 has lost me. It’s now more clever than entertaining. It has some great themes - free will, what it is to be human and so on but these get lost within over complicated unresolved non linear storylines. I fear it’s all glitz and tricks with no heart. 
    The non linear storylines were deliberate and explained as we were seen the unfolding of events from Bernards view. Bernard had scrambled his memory purposely to protect Delores and allow her time to escape.  Ending back on the same beach that the series began for Bernard brought it full circle.  Brilliant writing.   Sure it could have been told in a simple a-b way but part of this was experiencing Bernards confusion and part that so much was happening all at the same time in different parts fo the park plus the back stories of other important characters.  It had me hooked all the way through and i look forward to S3

• pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    the dainty Thandie Newton

I'd bang her
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    I just wish I could have a Tallulah Riley sex bot.
    I'd bang her