Anyone know the model of this Epiphone Les Paul?

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum so apologies if this is the wrong place to post this!

I purchased the guitar in the pictures from a friend of a friend, as I didnt want to spend thousands on a guitar as I was just starting last year! Only paid £50 which I've been told is a bargain. I'm looking to upgrade so plan on selling this, but I have no idea what the exact model is. Any advice would be much appreciated.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Not sure of the exact model name, but it's the "standard" Epiphone of its era, probably worth between £150-200.
  • Great, thanks.

I've obviously already done the serial search which tells me it's a '98 Korean model. This is apparently a preference over the newer Chinese models?
  • MattPMattP Frets: 252
    It’s a bit of a myth that Korean epiphones are better than the newer Chinese ones. I’ve had several of each and my my favourites have certainly been the more modern Chinese ones.

Nevertheless, your Korean strandard looks like a fine thing, and certainly worth a few times more than you paid. Enjoy learning on it - you’ve done well! 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14581
    MrJansell said:
     Only paid £50 ... already done the serial search
    At that low a price, it might be worth asking your local constabulary whether the serial number has been reported as stolen.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.