Recent additions

ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
Deposit achieved, house found, offer accepted, lots of paperwork to do. But after the fire sale there have been a few new arrivals, ,mainly in trade. In no particular order:

Nashville 335. Lovely flamey top, but the hardware needs a really good clean. When I get round to it. Didn't like it at all first play - felt very sterile and all over the place. Bridge setup and intonation are a complete mess, so needs a bit of TLC. But should be worth it.

Having a bit of a PRS thing at the moment, so when I was offered this McCarty against my Wine Red Standard it was an easy shout. I didn't bond with the Standard at all for some reason - but clicked with this straight awya. Board is fantastic on it.

This 91 EB EVH arrived via @bgmartinsbridge in trade. Despite being Floyd-equipped, which is not normally my bag, I've always wanted one of these. And it's awesome. Gets far more playtime than I thought it would. Even better after I worked out how to remove the trem arm (which involves removing the rear cavity cover and unscrewing it!)

The final arrival of the batch is one I am massively pleased about. One of the first to sell in my fire sale was my 10 top Tremonti. This was a guitar that arrived in trade and I had intended to trade out straight away. Until I played it. Selling it was an absolute necessity. Now we are sorted I approached the buyer to see if it would be possible to do a deal to get it back. I had a guitar I knew he (his son) was interested in, and happily we hit a deal. Absolutely chuffed to have this back...

So other than a 513, I think I'm pretty much done. 

Time to have a play around in the world of amps....

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3128
    Some really nice guitars here.

A lot of people mentally skip past the EVH's - but anyone who has ever strapped one on doesn't... ;)
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3277
    Would be very interested to try that 335 once you’ve set it up, in my experience they are either wow or as you say a bit sterile. 

As always, great additions!