Finally reached the top of the waiting list...

What's Hot
agibboagibbo Frets: 102
After 18 months of waiting, I've finally reached the top of the Analogman King of Tone waiting list.

However, in that time I've purchased a Timmy, and Lovepedal Amp Eleven, and love them both.  Do I still need a KOT? Will I miss out by not buying one?

My head is saying I don't need one, but my heart is saying you waited long enough for one, so buy it!

What do I do???

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jacklawteyjacklawtey Frets: 284
    You can’t lose. Pay the money, if you love it, great! You don’t? Sell. Instantly. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I agree,  just get it now you can.   Hopefully you’ll love it but the worst that can happen is that you sell it on for at least what you paid and probably a bit more.     
  • agibboagibbo Frets: 102
    I was hoping someone would tell me to save my money as I'm happy with my current overdrive pedal choices, and the KOT would prove entirely unnecessary. 

Shows how much I know, lol!

To be fair, I did think that if I bought one, the second hand market is so strong I wouldn't lose anything if I didn't get on with it and sold it.
  • randersonranderson Frets: 187
    For what it's worth Nashville's Kenny Greenberg has a Timmy on his studio pedalboard and a KOT on a secondary board that he switches in between. Obviously sees the value in both. 
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    agibbo said:
    I was hoping someone would tell me to save my money as I'm happy with my current overdrive pedal choices, and the KOT would prove entirely unnecessary. 
    Ah but how do you know your happy with what you've got eh? You might not be if you get the KOT ........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    Buy it, save yourself the dilemma and don’t even plug it in, sell it for a profit.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6691
    Buy it and sell it to me for a lot less than you paid for it. Simple.  ;)
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Buy it and make your own mind up as to how it sounds for you. Then you'll know and can make the keep/sell decision
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited April 2018
    agibbo said:

Shows how much I know, lol!

To be fair, I did think that if I bought one, the second hand market is so strong I wouldn't lose anything if I didn't get on with it and sold it.
    This is where I'm at tbh. I'm nearly at the top of the list but I am happy with my OD pedals now and don't need it. I'm not a buyer and sell for profit kind of guy so I'm just gonna bail out as I can't be bothered with the hassle. This is the same guy though who sold his central London flat because I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of renting it 20 years ago etc. Needless to say how much that flat would've been now if I kept it. Quite a few kots I can tell you
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    You can order one at any time now you’ve hit the top of the list so chill out and consider it for a bit I’d say. I’ve been at the top for quite a while now, and as much as I think the KOT is a good pedal I don’t currently have a need for another one... nice to know I could have one in a week or so if that changes though.