Tele vs Strat?

What's Hot
robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3612
So Im sat here playing the tele, drinking JD and wondering what your opinions are on tele vs trat? I reckon its like this, the Tele simply doesnt give a fuck, not one fuck does it give, you can bash the hell out of it or play it like its a gentle virgin and it simply doesnt give a shit, it fucking loves what ever you throw at it, it barks like an angry dog even when its being polite, when you go to bed its up snorting coke off a prostitutes tits and avin it large wit da crew, the strat on the other had is a bit needy, clingy, it wont do anything it shouldnt, it will shop you in for letting your car tax expire by a day, it will weep if you ignore it, its a dainty little thing sat there in its candy red coat waiting for the next session of gospel music to come along on radio two so it can sing along, it needs a halo above it and a shit load of jesus to make it right. Am I wrong?
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Yes, you are wrong
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Interesting take on it.

For me it's more that one has 2 pickups and a hard tail, the other has 3 pickups, a trem and contours on the body.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3612
    Fuck sake boys, you aint tryin hard enough!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Need I say more?
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    I can't say I've ever played a tele or a strat and had those thoughts you've had. I just find teles uncomfortable and generally can't wait to give them back.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    depends how much you like endless repeats and Strictly, Ant and Ant, Celebrity. I'd rather play guitar myself.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I settled at one of each and stopped looking for more. Very different guitars.
    Tele to me is bright, crisp and direct sounding.
    Strat has more character and a soulful expressive tone. But....play em and learn what you like.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Try watching that without looking at bums, they just dont make yrousers like that anymore.
    Yeah sorry guys, bit drunk tonight, looking for some middle ground between the two so I have been playing both, I have to wittle things down to one guitar.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12422
    I definitely need both and you need less whisky : )

Not really more whisky is always the answer.  I have thought similar before that a tele suits dirty bridge sounds all day long while a strat with a clean neck sound is a heavenly thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • shoodursshoodurs Frets: 35
    The strats more versatile so keep that one.
    But the Tele is a dirty , growling, barking bag of madness, the Strat is a goldfish in a bag of holy water. Why the fuck did Leo put such arse biscuits on the shelves of decent every day shop owners knowing that one day someones brain would explode into fuckadyness.
    robgilmo said:
    But the Tele is a dirty , growling, barking bag of madness, the Strat is a goldfish in a bag of holy water. Why the fuck did Leo put such arse biscuits on the shelves of decent every day shop owners knowing that one day someones brain would explode into fuckadyness.
    Think you're blaming Mr Fender for what Mr Daniels has caused :P
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8800
    edited April 2018
    So while the Strat is whining about how hard it is to be even half a man in this uncaring, dystopian 21st century world, the Tele is out there snorting a line from between the Strat’s girlfriend’s buttocks?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    JerkMoans said:
    So while the Strat is whining about how hard it is to be even half a man in this uncaring, dystopian 21st century world, the Tele is out there snorting a line from between the Strat’s girlfriend’s buttocks?
    Nah the Tele is working hard on his ranch while its daughter is out in the city dancing to funky music with the Strat
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4729
    robgilmo said:
    So Im sat here playing the tele, drinking JD 
    Yeeeah...that about covers it I think.  In the morning, when you've sobered up, you'll look back at this thread and think..
    .... wtficon_whimsical   grin

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    Yeah man, no but yeah but, this is just one of those things thst needs to be talked about, like tight vs loose boxers.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3905
    I see them like jeans. The Tele is like the pair your Mum bought you when you were a kid: uncomfortable, inflexible and brash. The strat, on the other hand, is like your favourite pair: fits like a glove, understated cool and can be worn in any number of environments.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4729
    edited April 2018
    robgilmo said:
    Yeah man, no but yeah but, this is just one of those things that needs to be talked about, like tight vs loose boxers.
    Uuuummmm - no, actually it doesn't. lame ...you gotta lay off those magic...

Solution - get a tele and a strat and you're covered.  And go commando to save you the other dilemma and reduce your laundry and help save the planet.earth
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Three-ColourSunburstThree-ColourSunburst Frets: 1139
    edited April 2018

All Paths Lead to Magical Thinking

In recent years, psychologists have come to understand religion and paranormal belief as resulting, in most people, from simple errors in reasoning. You believe in God or astrology or a purpose in life because you apply ideas about people — that they have thoughts and intentions — to the natural world.

…Another psychological process related to mysticism is anthropomorphism, the tendency to apply human-like traits to non-human entities or concepts.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/matthew-hutson/all-paths-lead-to-magical-thinking_b_3942656.html

https://www2.psych.ubc.ca/~ara/Manuscripts/Willard_Norenzayan_Cognitive_Biases.pdf