Psycho guitar salesmen

What's Hot

Comments

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8032
    Jack said:

That sucks, I'd only heard good things about Old Asshat Guitars in the past.
    Strange - I’ve only heard the opposite...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8032
    On a similar note, on reflection, every experience I’ve had with non-private Lincolnshire-based sellers (dealers/retail) has been - in some way - unpleasant.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    hassleham said:

At this point I realised that there was no reasoning with the guy so I just gave him £20 extra so as not to lose the guitar after all that effort. 
    That's the most British thing I've read today.
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarZeroGuitarZero Frets: 254
    He sounds like a right knobhead. For the sake of a 300 quid bass I'd have told him to shove it
    And me.  Clearly there were plans made and he broke them and the OP had to drive out of his way to make the deal happen.  Then the guy acts like a child and throws his toys out of the pram when obviously he was the one at fault. 

I wouldn't have given him the satisfaction, I would have kept my money in my pocket and told him that acting like a knob isn't going to change anything.  Be reasonable or lose out on the deal. 

The reason people act this way in general is because others allow them to.  The OP unfortunately has probably ensured that this guy will not change his attitude because the guy got his own way by acting like a prick.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    hassleham said:
     I didn't mind paying £20 extra as my original bid on ebay was more than £20 that I ended up winning it for, it's just the principal that bothered me.
    If this guy is also a headteacher, his abusive behaviour needs reporting to the relevant authorities. We don't want that sort around kids.
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Wow. You must have really wanted that bass!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
    do you like the bass?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just send a note to eBay saying he wanted to force you to take it off eBay etc etc... No jury needed then. They'll just can his arse without trial ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    edited April 2018
    Another trader posing as a private seller to avoid statutory consumer regulations.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 607
    @octatonic ;
     It love it. Goes perfectly with my favourite gigging guitar :) 

0reaction image LOL 16reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 607
    edited April 2018
    @GuitarZero ;

If it had been a more common guitar then I would've told him to shove it up his arse but seeing as these don't come up that often, I chose not to.

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Regardless of the bumfluffery he made you endure you did the right thing to get your hands in that bass! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Regardless of the bumfluffery he made you endure you did the right thing to get your hands in that bass! 
    Exactly what I though when I saw the Photo.

Stunning find and a stunning pair of rare guitars together.
    REALLY well done.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mortmort Frets: 719

“The finest instruments and service around”

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22995
    You were in the right, shame you had to part with the extra £20... but great end result.
  • I think i know the gent from brass tat sitars.  Depending on his mood he's a gent or as described as above. All guitars for sale approx £300 over price then a bargain pops up. 
  • GuitarZeroGuitarZero Frets: 254
    hassleham said:
    @GuitarZero ;

If it had been a more common guitar then I would've told him to shove it up his arse but seeing as these don't come up that often, I chose not to.

I understand, sometimes the pull of this stuff means that we'll do what is necessary to get what we want. In your case it's clear that it was meant to be paired up with your other guitar, I just can't stand seeing people act this way and get away with it.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2397
    Get on and enjoy your bass, leave it to me to report his private selling to ebay...I have a direct line to the correct dept ;) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    "I'm kind of in shock at this point because I didn't expect such an extreme reaction. He starts turning his car round, and i'm knocking on his window trying to get him to stop and talk it over for a second..."

I've heard tales from coppers about ordinary folks who do stupid things and then it all goes wrong, and when they are giving their statement in hospital, they STILL think what they did was reasonable...
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    That is a nice bass!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.