Line 6 Pod 2.0

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4985
Sometime last year I won a prize, on this website, of a Line 6 Pod 2.0.  Lack of time restricted its use but in the past week I have brought it into service on my practice desk.  It sounds a bit grainy, which shows its age, but the sound is reasonable and useful for practice.

The firmware is on the Pod is 2.1B and I am wondering if anyone has a spare chip to upgrade it further.  I checked on the Line 6 website and they no longer issue upgrades.

Second question: I use it with headphones.  It works fine that way but headphones are not entirely guitar friendly.  Would a powered monitor work? I want the sounds but not at serious volume levels.  It is less than satisfactory when plugged into my guitar amp.

Thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    Powered monitor will work.
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    Get studio monitor headphones, which have a flat response. 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    You could try plugging it into the return of the send/return loop of your amp.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    If you plug it into your guitar amp turn of the AIR functionality (cab sims). There's a switch on the back of the unit - slide it to amp. It should then sound OK.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72412
    Fretwired said:
    If you plug it into your guitar amp turn of the AIR functionality (cab sims). There's a switch on the back of the unit - slide it to amp. It should then sound OK.
    Oddly enough I was working on one recently and found exactly the opposite, which I know is not supposed to be so! It sounded much more open and natural set to Air, going into a guitar amp - very over-focused and shouty with it turned off.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5158
    ICBM said:
    Fretwired said:
    Oddly enough I was working on one recently and found exactly the opposite, which I know is not supposed to be so! It sounded much more open and natural set to Air, going into a guitar amp - very over-focused and shouty with it turned off.

Stop using your ears and doing what sounds best and do what the manual says.

And stop encouraging people on the internet to do the same. You're ruining it for everyone.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Surely electric guitar is a shouty thing, is it not?  
  • ICBM said:
    Fretwired said:
    Agree
  • Ps. The Super Reverb and Soldano models are still pretty good