Laptop Recomendations

2»

Comments

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1509
    I am also after a laptop. Max budget 700ish, must have SSD, at least 8GB RAM, will be used only for streaming, browsing, Photoshop and recording rough guitar demos.

Are really most of them that bad? I'm struggling to contend with the negativity around here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11793
    Dopesick said:
    I am also after a laptop. Max budget 700ish, must have SSD, at least 8GB RAM, will be used only for streaming, browsing, Photoshop and recording rough guitar demos.

Are really most of them that bad? I'm struggling to contend with the negativity around here.
    I normally avoid these threads like the plague for the same reason.

You can buy an excellent laptop for £700, so just buy the best spec you can for your budget.  You will find a lot with Core i5, 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD for that money, if not a bit higher if you shop around.

Sure, a 2k laptop with top spec will be better, but you don't NEED to spend that to get a decent PC.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 610
    Dopesick said:

I normally avoid these threads like the plague for the same reason.

You can buy an excellent laptop for £700, so just buy the best spec you can for your budget.  You will find a lot with Core i5, 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD for that money, if not a bit higher if you shop around.

Sure, a 2k laptop with top spec will be better, but you don't NEED to spend that to get a decent PC.

^^ This
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    dell outlet business site.  private users can buy from them as well.

they also reguarly have discount vouchers available as well.  I've had a couple of their laptops and they've always looked brand new.

The dell business range are generally made from better components and have a higher build quality than the home ones.