SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Partcaster clearout

impmannimpmann Frets: 12673
edited April 2018 in Guitars £
I've decided that I really ought to be cutting back on the guitars cluttering up my house! Therefore three 'bitsas' are up for grabs.

I'm more than happy to part these out, if there is sufficient interest, so I have put the prices for the individual parts in brackets and the overall price after each one - you'll note its cheaper to buy the complete guitars... ;-)

1) Telecaster

Squier CV Body in see-thru white, lightweight, factory routed for neck humbucker but can also run a stock single coil. Nice condition, but if you look closely you will find a couple of chips/dinks as its been played. (£100)
Allparts Rosewood Tele neck, painted in slightly tinted nitro by Rexter of these here parts, Graphtec nut, Kluson type machine heads. Rolled fingerboard edges, nicely polished frets and fret ends. Quite chunky but not vast. Plays VERY well and next to no use. Minor dent on headstock edge and around nut (me being a clutz fitting the nut) (£140)
Alegree Hurricane Bridge pickup in ashtray bridge, three brass saddles, SUPERB phat output, yet sounds like a Tele (£30)
Control plate with CTS pots, Fender US switch, flat top knobs and barrel type switch tip, all superb quality (£20) SOLD
Black three ply pickguard for standard pickup, still has protector on it (£10)
Please note, no neck pickup available as this has been returned to its lender. (Otherwise) Complete guitar £275

2) Telecaster

Guitarbuild alder body, stained dark brown, ugly routing for bridge pickup - previous owner had a P90 in there, also routed for a neck humbucker, comes with ashtray bridge with three threaded saddles, not pretty but *VERY* resonant (£30) SOLD
Harley Benton maple Tele neck, satin finish, fairly flat radius with medium frets, quite chunky but not vast, comes with nut and enclosed type machine heads, VERY nice to play (better than you'd think in fact) very minor marks on headstock (£35)
Thick black single ply pickguard with Vanson Alnico II humbucker with chrome cover, pickup has four conductor cable allowing all sorts of wiring fun and sounds superb. Some swirls/pick marks on plate. (£20)
Control plate with CTS pots and US switch, flat top knobs and strat type switch tip, PIO cap, all superb quality (£20) SOLD
Kent Armstrong Cool Rails bridge pickup, four conductor cable, SUPERB sound (£20)
Complete guitar that sounds superb and plays really well £100

3) Precision Bass

1976 Fender USA Body, was see through wine red, stripped to natural (gloss), ash (very nice grain), all original routes etc, not too heavy (£400)
Fender Mexican Jazz Bass neck, bought new in around 2005/6, fitted with Wilkinson machine heads and factory nut, hardly played (£150)
Fender USA Pickups, from Highway 1 precision, comes with pots (can't remember source tbh) (£40)
Fender 1980s Japan bridge (£20)
Only been used by me in a home studio set up since 2005 - and rarely at that. Sounds exactly like a good precision should sound and plays very well - much easier to play thanks to the thinner Jazz bass neck. Comes with hard case (non-Fender) if bought complete. £575

All prices are *plus* shipping and I'd far rather meet up if you are buying a complete guitar/bass - due to costs/stress/utter muppet couriers. I'm based in Northants, but work in Bourne, Lincs - plus I travel a fair amount so I'm sure we can work *something* out. ;-)

If we go down the parting out route, I'm happy to do multipurchase deals etc. I'd also entertain a deal price on all three complete if you are so inclined... and fancy making a few bob parting them out on Reverb/eBay...

I will put pictures up tonight.

Any questions... just ask.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12673
    OK... the decision has been made, the Telecasters are being broken down for parts.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2306

I'll take the Allparts Rosewood Tele neck please

• dirty_p90dirty_p90 Frets: 13
    pm'd
    A Guitar Is For Life 
    Not Just For Christmas
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12673
    rze99 said: