Nita Strauss on Kickstarter...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723

Nina will surely be able to get a bunch of great musicians to be able to take part in her album.  She must have a made a load of great friends and contacts over the years.  I bet the backing band will be top class. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    I think she's great - good player, hard worker, and just seems really nice. Plus (I think?) the first female with a signature Ibanez...about time!
    If there's one thing we could all learn from her - and I wish I'd learned as a young 'un - it's to always say "yes" first, and figure out the details later.

I suspect I might've done a lot more awesome stuff had I adopted that approach 20 years ago instead of worrying about what might go wrong.
    She's made it work for her, but how many times have you been let down by someone saying 'yes' then couldn't deliver?
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26592
    edited April 2018
    Garthy said:
    I think she's great - good player, hard worker, and just seems really nice. Plus (I think?) the first female with a signature Ibanez...about time!
    If there's one thing we could all learn from her - and I wish I'd learned as a young 'un - it's to always say "yes" first, and figure out the details later.

I suspect I might've done a lot more awesome stuff had I adopted that approach 20 years ago instead of worrying about what might go wrong.
    She's made it work for her, but how many times have you been let down by someone saying 'yes' then couldn't deliver?
    Well, yes...the first part only works if you commit to making the second half work too.

It's a bit like, "Sure, let's make a forum. How hard can it be?"

:D
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26592
    edited April 2018
    OK, quite impressive. She started with a $20k goal, and it went over $100k this morning from just over 1,000 people.

I honestly wish I lived in a world where that many people were willing to give me an average of $100 each...
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11764
    OK, quite impressive. She started with a $20k goal, and it went over $100k this morning from just over 1,000 people.

I honestly wish I lived in a world where that many people were willing to give me an average of $100 each...
    They probably would, just not for something you would want to do, or something you'd be able to do 1000 times...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    She's great. she's been on my radar more recently as she played the entrance music for Wrestler Shinsuke Nakamura at Wrestlemania last week, in front of 78k people...and then she popped up on a Podcast I listen to (Chris Jericho of Wrestling/Fozzy fame), and came across as a really likeable and attractive lady. She's also an incredible guitarist. 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    I met her at a clinic (er, to clarify - a GUITAR clinic) in London recently. Spoke to her for about 5 minutes, and I have to say, she really is awesome. Not only can she play, she's very VERY humble as well. Plus her boyfriend is a complete dude as well - cracking bloke (and built like a sodding tank!).

Have to admit though, her playing style is not really something I'm into, although I can certainly appreciate the talent!