Save Me - Sky Atlantic

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    The ending is only a let down if you have succumbed to years of American movie endings. 

Personally I thought the ending was good because it didn’t do this.
    So very much this. 

It was PERFECTLY shot and acted too. Lennie James is so good. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    This programme does keep running through my mind.

The stuff around Melon ( trying not to do spoilers) was really interesting, it intersects with things I had a professional interest in once upon a time and shows that some thought has gone into it. Maybe not 100% convincing but nonetheless there's signs of someone having done their homework. 

Although plot wise you could draw similarities with quite a few things the Lennie James working class hero character isn't something we often see and it would have been so easy to write in that he was an ex copper or something . I liked the BBC series Strike for example ( the JK Rowling based thing) but the ridiculous back story didn't help. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    joneve said:
    boogieman said:
    We’re up to episode 4. Pretty good so far, although the spoilers about the crappy ending have me a bit bothered.  :/
    Ignore them. 

The last episode is some of the most tense TV I've ever watched. I was physically shaking whilst watching it. 
    Just watched it, you’re right it was gripping stuff. Some great acting in there too, Nelly and Melon especially. 
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 887
    Interesting she didn't want to part with the Range Rover for that 15k
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Zoolooter said:
    Maybe it was a rental? I think you might have overanalysed the story a wee bit there though  ;)
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    boogieman said:
    Zoolooter said:
    Maybe it was a rental? I think you might have overanalysed the story a wee bit there though  ;)
    Haha, just a smidge. 
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 887
    boogieman said:
    Zoolooter said:
    joneve said:
    boogieman said:
    Zoolooter said:
    Haha, just a smidge. 

Yeah your right, probably a lease. Mmmm, although I think there should have been a bit of back and forth. Something like "Well, you could sell the Evoque, you know to get thingy back" "Ah, can't really do that, as it's on a rip off lease deal" "Ah, I see. OK back to the pub for another pint and a think"