Communication on eBay

What's Hot
John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
Sold three guitars on eBay last week all posted and delivered and haven't heard anything from any of the buyers.  I know if I buy a guitar I would always let the seller know it arrived safely
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    seems quite common. I am happy when feedback arrives. 

Though I tend to avoid it now
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5447
    Yep, I often get promised an “ok, I’ll let you know when it arrives!” after I send shipping/tracking info, and then silence until they do the feedback, which also sometimes is never. 
  • I usually just get feedback a few days later.
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    I usually just check the tracking to confirm the item was received and if I hear nothing from the buyer assume they are happy at which point I leave feedback.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    No news is good news
    That's what I figured .

I reckon I only get about 20%  or buyers leaving feedback
  • furtherfurther Frets: 88
    John_A said:
    No news is good news
    That's what I figured .

I reckon I only get about 20%  or buyers leaving feedback
    this
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1531
    I check there feedback left for other people count and see if they normally leave it or not. A lot don't bother. Usually first time buyers or people with a low transaction count.
    iF im concerned i message them and ask if they have received it. The last reply was "Yes sorry i have been ill recently".
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 911
    If you bought something from a shop online would you email them to tell them it's arrived? I know I wouldn't. These days Ebay is just a big online shop where you can buy new and second hand goods so buyers would probably treat it the same way
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    No news is good news
    This is so true. Most folk I encounter now say nothing at all and only pipe up or reply if there's some kind of issue. Leaving feedback seems to be very rare now too. I keep saying that I'm going to stop doing it too, but so far I've left feedback for every transaction I've made on eBay.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2090
    If you bought something from a shop online would you email them to tell them it's arrived? I know I wouldn't. These days Ebay is just a big online shop where you can buy new and second hand goods so buyers would probably treat it the same way
    Yes but with ebay your rep is based on Feedback isnt it?....

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    In the last 10 minutes, all three have messaged me saying the guitars arrived safely and left me feedback :)  I take it all back!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    also if the buyer does send me a message i get nervous before reading it.

hoping to see all received and thanks.

Rather than errr I want a refund the strings are not new. 

• JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 911
    spark240 said:
    Yes but with ebay your rep is based on Feedback isnt it?....
    Feedback you leave does not affect your ebay rating, only feedback you receive. Feedback rating is only really relevant when selling so someone who only ever buys isn't likely to be that bothered about their feedback. Also if you have 100% positive feedback with a high score you're probably also not that bothered if you get any more.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/