We all live in a....

What's Hot
GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
in Guitar tFB Trader

https://reverb.com/item/6401129-the-painted-player-guitar-company-fender-precision-bass-yellow-submarine-tribute?_fb-dpa-uk

Interesting piece from one of the forums favourite love to hate companies. Basically, this is fender Mexican neck and hardware on a new body. 

It’s certainly a better piece than their Andy Summers relic tele. Thoughts?

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    Too much money but for the kitsch factor I do love it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9673
    "using a stunning Fender Mexican Precision Bass as a base for the build, the body is discarded..."

Fair play to him for sorting through all the MIM Precision Basses to select only the stunning ones, but for £1,699, I'd want the stunning body as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Another Theodore Stunning design from TPP.

Didn't Butthead always say he wanted TPP for his Bungholio? 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    As a sort of pop culture artefact to hang on the wall it’s pretty cool. As a bass you’d stand on stage and play then it has limited appeal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    mbe said:
    Another Theodore Stunning design from TPP.

Didn't Butthead always say he wanted TPP for his Bungholio? 
    Touche sir! Yes he did.... Yes he did! 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72675
    That’s actually really cool. Easily the best thing of theirs I’ve seen. So much better and more creative than the fake ‘famous’ guitars.

I don’t think the price is unreasonable given the work that’s gone into it either.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    I love that it exists, but I wouldn't dream of owning it or playing it
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    edited April 2018

A word of caution - as we've seen previously (from owners reselling TPP stuff on eBay), there can be a somewhat errr...surprising differential between "exemplar" models posted by TPP themselves and the actual examples people receive...

Not perhaps as much a difference as this:

...but you know what I mean...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    looks cool enough but the pot knobs must be hard to reach. I'd use it if making a video of a band (assuming the context and image was right)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9673
    The context being the band was the Beatles and the video was for Yellow Submarine?
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    Democratic Society?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    They actually look quite easy to 'roll' with the side of your thumb. I never touch the knobs on my bass while I'm actually playing, so I don't think it would be a problem anyway.

Not that I'm contemplating buying one! I just think it's actually quite well done and a fun concept.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4729
    Whitecat said:
    Too much money but for the kitsch factor I do love it. 
    +1!  I think it looks really great and very different.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    The context being the band was the Beatles and the video was for Yellow Submarine?
    or any sixties throwback outfit
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396

A word of caution - as we've seen previously (from owners reselling TPP stuff on eBay), there can be a somewhat errr...surprising differential between "exemplar" models posted by TPP themselves and the actual examples people receive...

Not perhaps as much a difference as this:

...but you know what I mean...
    If it wasn’t for the Submarine I’d think that was the Bee Gees.