NPD - Montreal Assembly CT5

What's Hot
markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591

Been wanting to try one of these for ages. Kind of figured it would go like this. Buy it... realise it's a big bag too weird... off to eBay.

But having spent a good 6 or 7 hours playing with it I have to say I'm impresses. Used with the helix it's really good fun and I'm finding it quite musical. Yes with the twist of the knob in a wrong direction it all goes to the big bag of weird place. I don't think there's any way you could just plug and play... it makes no sense at first. I watched the YT vid below and it really helped. But once the penny drops it (sort of) makes sense :)

Triggering the loops take a bit of practice as it's hold to record rather than press once to record, once to stop. But I'm pretty much there. And the three layers of loops to play with are great fun.

Obviously it has the problem I knew about - no way of saving presets. Well you can take a picture. So if you find an exact setting you love enjoy it while it lasts, you might find it again... or you might not :)

I sold nearly all my pedals when I got my Helix but I still keep one eye on the classifieds to see if there's something I could try with it - I like how you can send effects to their own amp and all that. This along with my Plus Pedal has given me a fun night of ambient, droning, looping nonsense... and the odd moment of WTF is happening!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    How are you finding navigating the various modes Mark?
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Looks a lot of fun. 
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    @kjdowd not too bad. But needed to read the manual or I'd of stood no chance. The three layers of looping is great fun. 
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    here's a little loop test, only the second time I've sat down with it.

A lot of what's on youtube shows this pedal at its weirdness - just want to show something a bit simpler.

Mode 3 (loop) using all 3 layers of loops, one normal, one reversed, one at high speed.
    Some delay over the top.
    And some weirdness at the end - because you have to :)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom