Rough fretboard.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16684
    One of the reasons I've heard that you shouldn't use linseed oil on fretboards is that it forms a hard outer layer and "seals" the wood almost like a varnish. Maybe in this case it sounds like it could help?
     obviously it depends on the particular formulation of oil, but yeah, any oil that cures hard can leave an outer layer on the wood.  Something like tru-oil builds a lot more than something like danish oil which builds a lot more than purer oils - but any could be used successfully for this purpose

vigorously rub a small amount into the board after you have done everything else, give it a few minutes then give it a very thorough buff with a soft cloth.   there won't be any left on the surface to worry about but your board will have a really nice shine
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    Liberon is the only one we'll use and definitely make sure it's 0000 <- that's 4 x "0"

Gibson seem to be skimping on smoothing the rosewood in my opinion as well as the wood being a bit more open grain.
    We find that if we get to do a refret e get a much better feel to the fingerboard simply because we do take it to a much finer finish prior to putting the new frets in.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9636
    /\ You mean after rubbing the rosewood down?
    Yes, once you've got it smooth by whatever method. Just a thought that occurred to me, I'm no expert.