does anyone using a learning training app?

What's Hot
unsure which category sorry...im currently using an app Yous****n (not sure if i’m allowed to name it) and i was wondering A) if anyone else does and B) if they know how i can use headphones whilst using the app on my iphone/ipad.. thanks guys
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    edited April 2018
    I used it for a while. Found it better than some.
    Sorry can't help with the tech stuff. I'm a Luddite.
  • I like Songsterr (tabs with the ability to play different parts- rhythm, lead, bass etc at different speeds) and Riffstation (which is a bit like Karaoke in that it gives you chords for YouTube videos, you can tell it you're using a capo etc). 

No how to use headphones and app. I have a Zoom multifx thingy that has an aux in, so I plug iPad, guitar and headphones into that. 

I'm considering trying yousician as it might add structure to my practicing. 

Welcome to the forum!
  • thanks, i have an external sound card on my pc so i’ve ordered a jack adapter that’s coming today so hopefully i can use the sound card. if not at least i’ll be able to use rig 5 etc. or i may change my amp, i bought a vox vt30 but i’m finding it quite difficult to get a nice sound/tone out of it. it’s so complicated and there’s no line out i can use for apps etc

stimpsonslostson said:
    I like Songsterr (tabs with the ability to play different parts- rhythm, lead, bass etc at different speeds) and Riffstation (which is a bit like Karaoke in that it gives you chords for YouTube videos, you can tell it you're using a capo etc). 

No how to use headphones and app. I have a Zoom multifx thingy that has an aux in, so I plug iPad, guitar and headphones into that. 

Welcome to the forum!

• Thanks, i accidentally paid the years sub instead of the month so i’m stuck with it
  • I thought it was a years subscription anyway but you can pay it monthly or a one off year's payment. 
  • I like Songsterr (tabs with the ability to play different parts- rhythm, lead, bass etc at different speeds) and Riffstation (which is a bit like Karaoke in that it gives you chords for YouTube videos, you can tell it you're using a capo etc). 

Welcome to the forum!
    Which zoom have you got? I had a G5 but it didn't have an aux in! 
  • @shaunyshaun1234 ; I've got a G1xon, its a rather good practice tool: aux in, drum machine, looper & more effects than you can shake a stick at. 
    The sound quality isn't as good as separate pedals, but as an all in one for practicing it's fine- I've even ran it off batteries & used at a gig when my PSU failed & my other pedals died, don't think anyone noticed! 
  • I thought it was a years subscription anyway but you can pay it monthly or a one off ....

yeah ah it said £8.99 a month when i read it so i just let the free trial expire as i was fine with that but it never gave a monthly option it automatically takes yearly, my fault as i didn’t read the email until after the trial expired.
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    Scoring programs like Power Tab Editor(free) and Guitar Pro 7(not free) have been useful for me.  You can highlight the part you want to work on and   put it on "loop", and then adjust the tempo down, gradually increasing it as you learn.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6821
    Scoring programs like Power Tab Editor(free) and Guitar Pro 7(not free) have been useful for me.  You can highlight the part you want to work on and   put it on "loop", and then adjust the tempo down, gradually increasing it as you learn.
    Other benefit of guitar pro is lots for free scores, and you can also keep drums,bassline going while you play the guitar bits. I also use the export to MP3 option to get an audio track that I can use to memorise the guitar solo,etc on my iPod 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    mrkb said:
    Other benefit of guitar pro is lots for free scores, and you can also keep drums,bassline going while you play the guitar bits. I also use the export to MP3 option to get an audio track that I can use to memorise the guitar solo,etc on my iPod 
    I also use it to score original songs and find that a lot of keyboard and percussion tracks sound great when exported as wav files.  I have used some of them in my recordings.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• that’s great guys, thanks i’ll take a look at them