Tubescreamer settings to push through mix

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    TS can't be at unity if it's louder - unity gain means the bypassed and affected will be the same level.

I don't know the Katana, but if it's got a Fender model - I'd use that for your clean, but have the gain of the amp at such a level that if you dig in it compresses.

TS should work with that
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72411
    That's the problem...

With the TS at unity, it creating a lot more volume that the bypassed clean amp... So add gain on top gets REALLY out of hand.

Backing off the Volume and increasing the gain. = NO OOMPF!

I thinks it's going to be a case of not using the bypassed tone for me clean,(as it's far too low volume in this setup). and setting up a clean patch on the ME-80 with a comparable level
    There should be a usable balance. Don’t turn the level up full, even if you want it a bit louder than the clean sound. A little extra volume will help give it “oomph” without it being overpowering.

Start with the distortion control, then the tone, *then* the volume.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom