Washburn Les Paul - Early 90's?

What's Hot
TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1845
A couple of guitarist friends of mine back in the early 90's had Washburn Les Paul's - they were awesome guitars in my mind's eye. 

I can't find what they were or what model they were called anywhere. You never see them on eBay and I'd like one for nostalgic reasons .ore than anything.

Anyone here know what I'm on about. They were proper heavy LP'L with a decent headstock shape too
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I mostly remember the Japanese double cut Wing/ Eagle/ Hawk guitars from the late seventies through mid eighties - always wanted one back then. After that they did some Japanese singlecut Les Paul types with a sort of 'W' outline to the top of the headstock. I don't know if the series had a name but they only lasted a couple of years before Gibson stopped Washburn selling them. The models all started WP e.g. WP-50, WP-100 etc.
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Some good infos here. 
    http://samick.wikia.com/wiki/WP
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    Look at those wikia photographs. Obstruct your view of the Washburn headstocks. You would swear that you were looking at an Epiphone-by-Gibson.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    Look at those wikia photographs. Obstruct your view of the Washburn headstocks. You would swear that you were looking at an Epiphone-by-Gibson.
    Wiz duly awarded.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• RolandRoland Frets: 8706
    I’ve got a WP-90. It looks just like a cherry sunburst Les Paul, except with a Washburn logo. Nice maple cap. The mahogany body is made from about six pieces. IIRC there weren’t that many made before Gibson stopped them.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    My first guitar - which I played from early teens to 30 years old without seeming to ‘need’ another guitar, as I seem to now every few years.. - was a black WP80 les Paul custom copy. 
    Still have it and love it. Now I have a Gibson, the differences are pretty stark, but it was a great guitar to start off with. 
    Scale length is a little longer than a Gibson I think. Also neck width is definitely narrower so the string spacing feels a bit cramped when I go from the Gibson to the Washburn. Pickups weren’t brilliant. Acoustically it had so much sustain.  It served me very well and I’m very attached to it. Played along to a lot of GnR on that thing. 
    I’ve seen them pop up on eBay from time to time and would definitely recommend them. 
  • llewllew Frets: 78
    I've had a wp-90 since the 90's. I put Duncan's, klusons and cts pots in. I also had the head reshaped because I couldn't stand looking at the original because it's fucking ugly. Haven't really bothered with it for years because I only ever play strat's and tele's. But they're a great les paul in my opinion.

• AdeyAdey Frets: 2265
    Yeah. Great guitars. I've got a white WP80. The WP50s were the wood grain finish version. There are soome really nice ones about.
    They weigh a ton too...