NGD 1962 Fender Jaguar

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
    edited April 2018
    I can re-affirm what @miserneil said! This thing will probably get gigged more int eh next 12 months than most of us will in the next 10 years! Ridiculous price as well. It's in good company among a pre cbs tele & strat!

Personally I think we need more people like James buying vintage instruments. He buys them, then gigs them more than 250 times in a year. None of his gear sits in glass cabinets never to be played again!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    edited April 2018 tFB Trader

Personally I think we need more people like James buying vintage instruments. He buys them, then gigs them more than 250 times in a year. None of his gear sits in glass cabinets never to be played again!
    Couldn’t agree more

I play ‘65 & ‘66 Teles live, I know @fretfinder gigs a vintage Junior or 2, @Trotter & @woody_89 tour with vintage guitars and those are just the first couple off the top of my head.

Buy them and play them on their merits as an instrument. I’ve so far never felt the need to introduce a song and JUST before we count in say “oh & by the way, this Tele is a Firemist Gold refinish and those are repro Klusons.....a 1, 2, 3, 4...”

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Lovely guitar OP, and for what seems like a hell of a price.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2804
    Pots and pickups are orinigal it's currently having a set up 
    Who do you use to set your guitars up James?  I think I'm vaguely in your area (south Herefordshire) and have wondered who would be best round here.  (Someone has mentioned Angela Arnott in the Forest of Dean, do you know her?)
  • @thebreeze I always use dave dearnley he knows what I like and has always been helpful....I've not come across Angela but if it's the person I'm thinking she's also excellent 
    Thanks James.  Enjoy your Jag!
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Rockfield Guitar Engineering would be a little closer for you @thebreeze or Guitar A&E in Hereford itself (former touring tech). I’ve not used either but hear good reports of both.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    Thanks @miserneil, that's really helpful - I'll look them up.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Self admitted Twaddle and guitar nerd. I like the jaguar , it’s well cool. 
  • Grocer_JackGrocer_Jack Frets: 258
    edited April 2018
    Great guitar - enjoy it and gig it hard! 
    I have a refinished sonic blue 1964 Jag and it's great - capable of anything from surf to jazz and everything in between. Old jags have a great rock voice with moderate overdrive too - it's surprisingly rich and deep. I've played and owned quite a few modern jags as well, but none have quite had the same sound as the old ones I've played. GREAT necks too. 
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    edited April 2018
    As long as the sellers are completely truthful and upfront, modified/demodified vintage guitars are a great way of obtaining an instrument which may otherwise be unaffordable for many of us.

My '65 Electric XII has a replacement neck from a Shenendoah (the heel is a bit longer, but hardly noticeable when playing) and it's been resprayed (it's black and was originally sunburst, judging by the pickup cavities). The seller pointed out all of this and I got it for £875. I very much doubt that I'd ever have had the opportunity to own one of it wasn't for the mods that had been done on it, none of which affect the sound. I couldn't be happier with it!

Would I have bought the OP's Jag at the price he paid? In a heartbeat!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    I can re-affirm what @miserneil said! This thing will probably get gigged more int eh next 12 months than most of us will in the next 10 years! Ridiculous price as well. It's in good company among a pre cbs tele & strat!

Play?!

I'm far too busy researching my next delay pedal, the correct power supply and comparing relative patch cable impedance to play anything! 

Some people have far too much time on their hands. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 5redlights5redlights Frets: 317
    Pots and pickups are orinigal it's currently having a set up 
    Get a pic of the trem cavity and under the guard?
    Shouldn't you take it out for dinner first before asking for those sort of photos?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 379
    edited April 2018
    miserneil said:

I’ve so far never felt the need to introduce a song and JUST before we count in say “oh & by the way, this Tele is a Firemist Gold refinish and those are repro Klusons.....a 1, 2, 3, 4...”

I saw this on 'Guitar Riffs at the BBC' the other night.

https://youtu.be/pxZ77w9bnm8

Sadly, Pete didn't mention what string gauge he was using.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14446
    breadfan said:
    Pete
    What a Sell Out! 

I thought that Pete held his group together with Rotosound strings! ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 559
    Cracking guitar . . . Well played Sir :-)
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  !