SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

TRADED 1960s Sears-Silvertone 1481, Champ-type 1x8 5 watt combo

JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
edited April 2018 in Amps £
1960's 5 watt Champ-type for sale.

One12AX7, one 6V6, one 6X4 rectifier. Simple hand-wired circuit, made by Danelectro in the mid-1960s.

Acquired this a few months ago intending to have it converted to UK voltage but never got round to it and it's sat here gathering dust. .It's in full working order but going cheap because it could do with a service and even if you're not changing the voltage that  original two-prong power supply should probably be updated. 

From Reverb: "The '60s-vintage Silvertone 1481 is a small-yet-mighty little tube combo amp, considered by many to be the "Poor Man's Fender Champ." Built by Danelectro for Silvertone in the mid-1960s, these 5-watt gems are quite simple in design and in no way, shape or form short on tone. This point-to-point combo uses a single 12AX7 preamp tube and 6V6 power tube to push air through an 8" speaker, making this an awesome choice for a smokin' recording amp or apartment-friendly vintage combo on a budget."

£220 collected central London.  Happy to explore postage options if you're happy to pay  

Not really looking for anything trade wise except perhaps a cheapish Mexican Fender strat for my son's pal.

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    Cool and interesting amp, at a good price.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    brooom said:
    Cool and interesting amp, at a good price.
    Thanks!

Anyone wanna make me an offer before I take advantage of the eBay £3 sale deal bump?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    To eBay!

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Bit echoey in here.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    Hmmm... actually I do have a Mex Strat I'm looking to shift, are you still interested in trades?
    Stuckfast said:
    Hmmm... actually I do have a Mex Strat I'm looking to shift, are you still interested in trades?
    Conceivably - not for me as I've got guitars coming out of my ears, but I know my son's pal/occasional band mate is on the prowl for a strat (if only to stop him bloody nicking my custom shop jobbie whenever he comes round to make a racket).  Could you let me have some details?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    Sure, it's a 1996 Mexican Fender in gold/bronze -- not sure if that's Shoreline or Aztec or whatever. Someone has replaced the bridge pickup with a humbucker, and the controls are non original. Set up pretty well and plays nicely. Has one or two marks but not what you'd call reliced. I seem to have accumulated three more Strats since buying that one, so it probably should get moved on. I got it fairly cheap so would probably be up for a straight swap if you like.

Alternatively I've a 70s sunburst Japanese Strat copy by Cimar, which I think was a sub-brand of Ibanez. It's not in the same league quality wise as the Tokai ones, and there is some fretwear and a ding in the fingerboard, but it plays and sounds OK, and some people think they have mojo...
    Pics?

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer