Lightweight, slim, case for 335 type guitar

hessodreamyhessodreamy Frets: 118
I like my Dearmond 335-a-like, but I find the case pretty chunky and clunky.

I have this guild acoustic which came in a fabric case around think moulded foam. It was light and tight and, though I wouldn't drive my car over it, I'm sure it would handle falling down some stairs, let alone the general knockabout of (infrequent) gig life.

So what strong but light cases are available for a 335?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72356
    Hiscox if you want maximum strength and aren't too bothered about being as light as possible, although they aren't that heavy.

If it's the other way round there are semi-rigid cases for 335-types too - Stagg do one.

https://www.dawsons.co.uk/stagg-semi-acoustic-guitar-foam-padded-case

I really don't know why this sort of case isn't more popular for guitars, most classical string players use them for cheaper instruments.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• rossirossi Frets: 1703
    edited April 2018
    I need a foam case for my Midtown .its heavy in its own case and a foam one will survive a trip from car to bar .I have foam ones for a strat /tele and a gretch jet  /les paul  type but no 335 type .I do have a Stagg soft case that fits but its a bit flimsy .A Roksak is quite useful too .