Pure Nickle strings?

robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3455
Ive put these on both my guitars and they are buzzing like hell, action had to be raised and truss adjusted, went from 10 to 9 , anyone else experience this?
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    What brand of strings are they? Are they hexagon core or round core?

I play only pure nickel Pyramid on all of my guitars and have never had a problem. Maybe the truss rod was right on the edge of being "tight" for 10's and dropping to 9's having less tension has caused a backbow?

You say you have adjusted it so that should resolve that.

The only pure nickel strings I have had a problem with is DR's...they can sometimes be wound off centre and "wobble"....

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3455
    Daddario (spelling) they are, ive never used pure nickle before and decided to give them a try, they are 9-41 and descrobed as super light so that could well be it, super light.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430

I changed to D'Addario pure nickel strings on two of my guitars a few years ago, 10-46 on one and 11-48 on the other. There were no problems arising from the change but the gauges were the same as the previous nickel plated strings.

As @TA22GT said, it's probably the reduced tension of super lights causing the buzzing. Truss rod adjustment should sort that without necessarily raising the action. Then let it settle with the lighter strings for some hours before using the first and thirteenth fret quick method to check the relief.

FWIW my brief experiences of superlight strings suggest they can tend to be buzzy/rattly anyway.

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3455
    I think I will go back up to 10's next string change, thanks guys.