Seymour Duncan pickups

Installing an SSL-6 to the bridge of my strat.  Would you normally wire it backwards i.e.  white to ground and black to hot?

The other 2 pickups are standard Fender, with RWRP middle. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14459
    Two considerations - magnetic polarity relationships and coil winding directions. 

Install the SSL-6 without shortening its output conductors. Begin with white to switch, black to ground. If the phase relationship is out, swap the conductors over at the next string change. 

I'm sorry to be unable to give a simple definitive answer. Fender makes several variations of Stratocaster pickup. The vintage replica models replicate the magnetic polarity of the era being emulated.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4705
    Two considerations - magnetic polarity relationships and coil winding directions. 

Install the SSL-6 without shortening its output conductors. Begin with white to switch, black to ground. If the phase relationship is out, swap the conductors over at the next string change. 

I'm sorry to be unable to give a simple definitive answer. Fender makes several variations of Stratocaster pickup. The vintage replica models replicate the magnetic polarity of the era being emulated.
    Thanks.   That is what I did, an easy enought change if I need to.  I did check the DC resistance in position 5 with the leads clipped both ways and it was about the same, so thought I’d go with the correct SD white hot, black ground.