eBay Content: "...by rare I mean RARE!"

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mbembe Frets: 1840
    Does Big Ears know about this Noddification?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3216
    edited April 2018
    ‘When it’s gone it’s gone’ -yeah, but that isn’t happening any time soon really is it? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22897
    Sneakily worded.  Is he hinting that it was actually owned by Prince, or is it just any old MIJ Strat which has been modded to copy a Prince guitar?

If it's the latter, it's only "rare" because no-one else has bothered to do it.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    I don't know Strats very well, do Fender do neck plates with a corner missing?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    clarkefan said:
    I don't know Strats very well, do Fender do neck plates with a corner missing?
    yes

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• DougDoug Frets: 172
    edited April 2018
    Fender Hot Rod Reissue HSS(94ish) Great guitars but the bridge humbucker route is too close to the Floyd pivot bush mounts, leading to many of them having leaning floyd posts/wood collapsing. I sold one a couple of years ago to @iseverynamegone . I inlaid a machined brass bed to which the Floyd pivot bushes were then pressed into to overcome this.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    Seems like a nice beater if you're into Floyds and EMGs. For £1500? Nah, but for sub £400 seems good to me.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14270
    tFB Trader
    I wonder how long it took to concoct that sales pitch - alarming really - you d find some corkers H
  • DougDoug Frets: 172
    carlos said:
    Seems like a nice beater if you're into Floyds and EMGs. For £1500? Nah, but for sub £400 seems good to me.
    Yeah, I'd pay £350 -£400 maybe a little more for a 'mint' example, £1500 Dream on!. Though the MIJ HRR's are quite rare, Charvel pro mod's are readily available these days and can be spec'd any way you want with a simple plate/pickup swap.
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    I sort of like that.

Not for that money, mind.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3463
    That Prince Tone? Isnt that an amplifier? Is he selling a prince tone amp as well?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14435
    Philly_Q said:
    Is it just any old MIJ Strat which has been modded to copy a Prince guitar?
    The listing description says, "Here We have exactly the same guitar modded exactly the same as Prince played." 

robgilmo said:
    That Prince Tone?
    The EMG-81/-S pickup pairing.

Needless to say, these pickups could be purchased and installed into the majority of Fender-derived solid body electric guitars. Just add a bespoke HS pickguard (or a HSS one and a dummy pickup to occupy the middle position).
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1293
    Philly_Q said:
    Sneakily worded.  Is he hinting that it was actually owned by Prince, or is it just any old MIJ Strat which has been modded to copy a Prince guitar?

Sneakily as fook, he got me on this one.

Hi,
    Any way to prove Prince played it?
    Apart from that you know it?
    Regards,
    Kris

"No not this one 

If he did it would be worth 50,000 this is one LIKE he played"

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
    KrisGee said:

Hi,
    Regards,
    Kris

"No not this one

Ahhh, I see.

In that case, I’ve got a guitar that was once in the same country that Prince was in.

I’ve also got a photo of a guitar that looked a bit like one of his.

Surely both of the above must be worth a few bob?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    KrisGee said:
    Philly_Q said:

Hi,
    Regards,
    Kris

"No not this one 

I believe it to have been updated.

"I JUST HAD SOME POOR GUY ASK WHEN PRINCE PLAYED THIS!!!! Listen people if Prince has played it I wouldn’t be selling it."

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Why the fuck would you buy this when you could buy a MIJ So-Cal for a fraction of the price?
    edited April 2018
    Along with rewording the listing (because it was originally totally misleading and *did* suggest a Prince link), the seller obviously thinks he’s a comedian.

BiN now dropped too - to a very reasonable £1.5K, lol.

However, the price is “...with room for offers”.

Jeez, some people.

Whats that guitar *really* worth (minus the ‘Prince’ snake oil)? £500?

• blobbblobb Frets: 2955
    "You can’t buy one anywhere"

er....
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    "It’s a guitar that the Fender Custom shop will refuse to make for you now".

I'm fairly sure that after a couple of days of laughing at you, they would reconsider....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis

Well, it's been dropped from £1.5K to £1K in 4 days...I wonder how low it will plummet before it sells?