SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Greco Super Real EG1000C/B 1980

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• HPurserHPurser Frets: 35
    Under offer from forum user, awaiting confirmation
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    HPurser said:

Is @ellwood in Nottingham this weekend? ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    HPurser said:

Is @ellwood in Nottingham this weekend? ;)
    Not guilty chief. Bit of a commute from my current location ;)
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16099
    Bet it's a fantastic guitar ......not cheap but probably every bit a match for some select Gibsons at considerably higher prices.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 559
    It appears that the "price" has been a topic for discussion . . . Whats price is it now ???
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

Hiya - PM me if you'd like to discuss price. Like a house sale (an apt comparison if you think the price is high), the chain has broken with the buyer's buyer pulling out, so it's still for sale :-)  
    But now considering offers under £2k.
  • HPurser said:
    But now considering offers under £2k.
    PM'd 
  • kipplekipple Frets: 354
    edited May 2018
    HPurser said:
    Cheers, guys - I thought the lols were a touch harsh! The price is the start of a conversation, not the end I've seen Dry Zs sell for £300 each... and when you look at what EGF1200s have gone for in poorer condition, etc, etc.

Ha ha, not to be defensive, but I challenge the lollers to either (a) show me another one of these for sale +anywhere+ in the world, or (b) find me a shred of evidence for one of these having sold for less than £2k outside of Japan. A Tokai LS200 just sold for almost $6000 on mylespaul.com... 

Make me an offer and see what happens. OTOH, I'll never get another chance to buy one of these again, so I might just hang on to it. Is it against forum rules to sell it to myself? ;-)
    I put a 1979 Tokai LS100 for sale here and best offer I got was £1500 so I listed it on Ebay and It sold for £2250.00 and I listed it at that price because there was a offer on of £1.00 max selling fees.
    So I do not think your asking price is unreasonable... Especially given the Dry Z and the condition of the Guitar being Sooo Nice

Some time before that I put a Mesa Boogie MKIIC+ for sale on the fretboard and started my price at £1600 and got no interest I dropped My price all the way to £1100 and still could not sell it here so I listed it on Ebay And it sold for £2600... 
    I HATE selling on Ebay as it scares me but it's got it uses
    I put peoples heads in horse's beds

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 327
    Ebay has a much further audence reach, but I assume you had to pay quite a hefty charge to them for selling stuff over £2000. I use reverb as their fees are lower but yes, Ebay is still the best place to sell your gear especially if you are willing to ship abroad.

I'm a big fan of MIJ guitars and I do like this one but I just don't like ebony fretboards feel and sound. Whilst this is a better example of what Gibson had for a Les Paul custom at the time, I think it puts some people off that they can get a Gibson Les Paul Custom for the price, but I don't think they know the differences between the guitars. 

Good Luck with the sale, I bet it sounds as good as it looks
    Yeah, I agree! I've got the guitar listed on Reverb and eBay, too. I've played mid-90s Gibson LPCs that are almost as good as this one, but not so sure about anything else after 1968 I've tried.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2018
    Still for sale, still open to near offers.
    Up on eBay now - couple of days left. £1600 
  • So wish i had the funds for this guitar
  • Did this one sell in the end? 
  • It sold on eBay for a steal... but I didn't lose money and someone got their dream guitar, so all good.
  • HPurser said:
    It sold on eBay for a steal... but I didn't lose money and someone got their dream guitar, so all good.
    Ah, when I saw this at the top of the classifieds for a second i though it had been re-listed :( 
  • Have noted it's sold now- thanks for the heads up. Missing it, but really enjoying my '82 Tokai SG and happy to bash that puppy as my main axe.